Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm currently in the early build and planning stages of the project.

The What :. Time Trials Max category is a pretty much open ruleset, save a few small pieces, factory car wheelbase, engines must remain in the same origination, no tube frames.

I'm working to build a Scion FRS for this category, in the Max 3 ruleset. What that means, 2500lbs or 95% of factory weight with driver. NA factory engines under 4.5l or Factory turbo engines under 2.9l.

I'm going to be using a Maserati F136s, 4.2l and 395hp with dry sump oiling from the factory.

The Why : a certain group of competitors think the Cayman GT4 cannot be beat in that class. My goal is to prove them wrong. By a lot.

The When : TTNats 2023, October 12th, to be specific

The How : a lot of sleepless nights, bounced checks, blood, sweat, and a lot of tears.

So the reason I'm posting this in the fabrication side, is I'm going to be doing 95% of all of the fabrication. I was looking for some insight and "Hey dumbass, don't do it this way because X reason.".

I'm chronicling the process on YouTube, because why not?

Feel free to ask me anything about this project.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the kind words! I have no intention on downplaying your projects. Mod everything, and enjoy!

I do have insta, but I am not posting much to there just yet. But I will be. Hobbling_Nurse85 is my handle

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Latest episode, or "Shift", is up.

Is there anything in particular anyone here wants to see on the Maserati, or any of the parts?

Is there something you want to see when I am taking apart the Scion?

Thanks for watching, and thanks even more for the feedback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts