Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered a maserati (preferably a gransport which is what i'm waiting for) and can share timing with me?

My car went to a "red 10" status on 2/4 and a "20" status on 2/9. Anyone know how much longer it takes to be completed (I think final status is "90") and then arrive in the US?

·
Registered
252 Posts
trice9 said:
Has anyone ordered a maserati (preferably a gransport which is what i'm waiting for) and can share timing with me?

My car went to a "red 10" status on 2/4 and a "20" status on 2/9. Anyone know how much longer it takes to be completed (I think final status is "90") and then arrive in the US?
Final production status is 90 but I am not sure about production times on Gransport. I do have this info from the Spyder I ordered last year, Car completed production on Feb 11 and was at dealers March 27. Can use this as a time frame, 4-6 weeks after car is built to dealership is about right. Takes anywhere from 1-2 weeks for car to get on a ship. They ship out of the port of LA SPEZIA. Just before my car was completed on February 11 I started searching the port for ships heading to NY trying to guess which one I would be on. They do not ship on car carriers but in the hold of cargo ships. Mine was on the Pacific Senator. Then takes about 12-14 days to get to NY, Then another 1-2 weeks at the prep center at the port before Delivery to dealership.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow, 6 weeks from completion to delivery. i was told 4. where do you live? anyone else have any experience?

·
Registered
252 Posts
My car came to Boston area so is close to prep center. Maybe it will be 4 weeks for you but a lot depends on how long it sits waiting to get on a ship. Mine sat for about 10 days and then had the terrible luck of Route 95 being shut down the day my car was suppose to come up from NY, due to a truck fire melting part of the Highway. Hope you have better luck as everything seemed to work against me including when my car was ready for pick up on April 1st and we had 7 inches of rain that day, A record for this area. So much for what I thought would be a nice top down drive home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts