Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the process to remove the seat covering on the upper front seat back? I need to gain access to troubleshoot the manual release mechanism.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What is the process to remove the seat covering on the upper front seat back? I need to gain access to troubleshoot the manual release mechanism.
Very bottom on the backside, pry the seal up and out where it folds into the hard backing. It'll work itself all the way around, then the hard backing will separate exposing the manual release mechanism.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Unless it's like mine with leather both front and back. In that case there are two plastic strips that interlock. It will require removing the seat cushion first. Not difficult, a plastic J strip at the back, two translucent wrap around clips at the front, and two 10mm nuts not far back from the clips. Getting the control unit off the side is a little more involved as there are three plastic trees in addition to the phillips head screws.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The insert is secured with hog rings and zip ties. Fairly good access to the release mechanism without removing the rest of the hog rings.
IMG_1081.JPG
IMG_1082.JPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts