Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

From the other side of the world (Adelaide, Australia) ...

I, like many, get a little miffed at the perceived "padding" in work done by the dealership ... or "stealership" as someone coined. There is only 1 option here in Adelaide, and I have to confess my confidence in them has waned.

Clearly, the F1 pump can be replaced/fixed by a good mechanic +/- motor reconditioning shop ... (many thanks to those thread starters !) Mine is fine for the moment. Clutch started shuddering on take-off => dealer = 76% worn. Within the used car warranty period. ""No requirement to replace, this is OK - we would take them out to 90%". Adjusted clutch and shuddering stopped (for about 2 weeks), then started again. They are NOT going to touch it as a warranty issue.

So, lets go to the next step. Does anyone know the procedure sequence (or better still have access to the workshop manual) for changing the CC clutch on a MY02 CC Spyder.

Whilst there are no other Maser mechanics here, I do have a friendly mechanic with the appropriate workshop (ex BMW Master Tech now in business for himself), who I trust implicitly and might be prepared to help - depending upon feedback from this thread ;-)

My understanding is the factory recommendation is to replace both clutch-plate and flywheel together, and this is supplied as a complete kit?

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Eurospares in the UK

They have the parts and cantell you how its done. check out their website. I imagine I will be doing mine in the not to distant future but havent had to yet. I have done loads of chevys but not a maser yet. Maseratiboy has a copy of my shop manual if you want it or I can send it once I am off this mobile phone

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi All,

From the other side of the world (Adelaide, Australia) ...

I, like many, get a little miffed at the perceived "padding" in work done by the dealership ... or "stealership" as someone coined. There is only 1 option here in Adelaide, and I have to confess my confidence in them has waned.

Clearly, the F1 pump can be replaced/fixed by a good mechanic +/- motor reconditioning shop ... (many thanks to those thread starters !) Mine is fine for the moment. Clutch started shuddering on take-off => dealer = 76% worn. Within the used car warranty period. ""No requirement to replace, this is OK - we would take them out to 90%". Adjusted clutch and shuddering stopped (for about 2 weeks), then started again. They are NOT going to touch it as a warranty issue.

So, lets go to the next step. Does anyone know the procedure sequence (or better still have access to the workshop manual) for changing the CC clutch on a MY02 CC Spyder.

Whilst there are no other Maser mechanics here, I do have a friendly mechanic with the appropriate workshop (ex BMW Master Tech now in business for himself), who I trust implicitly and might be prepared to help - depending upon feedback from this thread ;-)

My understanding is the factory recommendation is to replace both clutch-plate and flywheel together, and this is supplied as a complete kit?

Cheers
Mark
Hello Mark,
Changing the clutch is NOT a simple and common procedure like on any other car eg BMW.
Although the clutch kit can be bought as a spare from Eurospares from the UK, the whole procedure needs special tools and most of all the special diagnostic tool (SD2, SD3) for Ferrari-Maserati.
I do have the maintainance manual for the car which shows the whole job with photos and text, but since i showed this to my mechanic, (i do NOT do service routines at the STEALERSHIP, only with the help of a mechanic i trust, thank god so far so good, so...... more money in my pocket, serious money you know.:) ).
If you want further help email me and i see how we can be helped out with the clutch replacement. I'm very very interested.
BR
PaNoS - Greece

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Although the clutch kit can be bought as a spare from Eurospares from the UK, the whole procedure needs special tools and most of all the special diagnostic tool (SD2, SD3) for Ferrari-Maserati.
OK - thanks! Do we know if this tool SD2/3 is a diagnostic item, or physically required to complete said tasks?

Mark

·
Registered
357 Posts
OK - thanks! Do we know if this tool SD2/3 is a diagnostic item, or physically required to complete said tasks?

Mark
The SD2/SD3 is a diagnostic computer. It seems used ones go for about $US18,000.00. On the CC, it is used to set the "kiss point" of the clutch and calibrate the "clutch wear indicator".

·
Registered
357 Posts
Maserati NA is going to have a cow about the posting of those pictures and will give the forum a hard time. I suggest removing them from public display ASAP.

·
Registered
528 Posts
BFD - The gist of the post is that you have to bring it in to the dealer to have the clutch properly set up.

Why should they get bent out of shape over this?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The dealer.....

I am going to put the clutch in myself and then take it to the dealer for adjustment.. From what I have been told the calibration is only for the wear reading and not for anything else so it's actually driveable without going to the dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts