Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Not so sure 4200/GS requires a proxy alignment. Where it's more of a "plug & plug" system i.e. far less sophisticated that a QP/GT/GC. A battery reset typically cures such ills and the HVAC reset hasn't worked either.

I suspect Catman is right about this being a simple connection issue. I know you've checked for loose connectors but have you checked for a loose pin within the connectors or a loose wire to a pin. There have been a few report HVAC issues where a single pin has been partially pushed out after an ambient temp. sensor change.

As for a loose wire! When I moved the NIT all the cabling was new with one exception. Thought I'd repurpose an existing cable but in doing so I caused a wire to work loose. Assuming it to be my own new cables, and having double checked everything again, only to realise I'd been a bit clumsy caused much amusement. "Arrrrghh FFS man" I think was the expression.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like the wiring and connectors are the suspect. Previously I checked the wiring and connectors for the display and aircon unit only but not the connectors to the NIT. I didn't expect a connection with the ignition, but it is good to check that as well. Feels like a project is coming up to check all wiring and connectors...
The NIT reference was purely illustrative - as you haven't touched it during recent dismantling I'd very much doubt it's the cause of the issue. Whereas, the other connectors that were removed are worth checking.

It's an excellent shout from Oishi - occasionally when the key doesn't return correctly after starting there can be temporary issues with central dash functions. Aircon, side mirror, etc. Try wiggling the key as suggested. I believe there is a small return spring in the key barrel that wears.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts