Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Spyder cc
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I’m having a challenge which is keeping me busy for several months now, and I cannot figure out what is the problem. Maybe there is some out on this forum who can help or give a good tip.

To clean some of the buttons I took out the display and the aircon unit. Took the aircon unit apart, cleaned the buttons and put it back together. All went well, nothing strange. When everything was back together and started the car I noticed that the display did not show the temp. and fan settings anymore. The still are shown but in grey, like it is inactive or something. Before it was working properly. But here comes the strange thing. Everything is working as it should except for the display. The fan is working properly in each setting I select. The temperature knob is working fine (although I cannot see the exact temperature I select, it is working). But for whatever I do I cannot get the display to show anything.
It is not a big problem since everything is working fine except the display, but it annoys me.

What I did so far:
Checked if I reconnect the wiring properly
Checked if there is any lose wiring
Checked all the fuses related to aircon and display
Reset the aircon unit (by double button press and ignition)

Anyone having an idea where to start to solve this problem?
Gadget Telephony Communication Device Audio equipment Output device

·
Registered
2003 Spyder cc
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @Catmanv2 for your reply. I did do the battery reset but didn't solve the problem. However, your remark about the proxi-alignment got me thinking that it might have something to do with the fact that I installed a Loudlink bluetooth kit earlier. About one year ago I installed this kit. After installing everything worked perfectly, including the display. Later I pulled the screen and aircon unit out to clean some buttons and the problem came up. At least I can try to disconnect the Loudlink and see if that makes a difference.

About this proxi-alignment. How is this performed? Is it something easy you can do yourself, or is there some more advanced programming of the NIT CANBUS involved?

·
Registered
2003 Spyder cc
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like the wiring and connectors are the suspect. Previously I checked the wiring and connectors for the display and aircon unit only but not the connectors to the NIT. I didn't expect a connection with the ignition, but it is good to check that as well. Feels like a project is coming up to check all wiring and connectors...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts