·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
722 Posts
Not really.

How much of a haircut would the dealer want to consign the car for you?

·
Registered
211 Posts
You got a great ride at a great price but..

The issue with private party sell of a maserati at the price point you ask is your appealing to a completely different market. Most people who can afford a high value vehicle will purchase a new car at the 100k+ mark. The individuals who would purchase your Maserati are not people who would want to or necessarly can afford to purchase that car outright (though they exist and the number is small). Most people at that price point are happy to finance the car which is hard to do in a private party sell situation. Others prefer to trade cars in and purchase or finance the price difference.

I would suggest you consign with a dealer. They can in turn, do financing and trade-ins. The down side is you either price up the car to make a bit more as the dealer will take a cut or you price it at your asking price and take a bit less.

·
Registered
211 Posts
And if the above does not work, perhpase ...

Use creative picutures of your maserati... :D

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
My father and I both have 06 GS and he's trying to sell his before his GT arrives and he is having no luck. He is the cheapest I can find anywhere and its an extremely clean car with all the options.

Any ideas of why the market on our cars is dead right now?
The introduction of the new GranTurismo could be a reason as could the weak economy. Authorized Maserati Dealers are asking considerably more than $69.5K for used GS's but I would be willing to bet they are selling them for close to your dads asking price or even less in some cases. It is a buyers market right now and unfortunately there are not a lot of buyers out there looking to buy a used Maserati. I would be interested to know what type of trade-in his local dealer would give him. It is a great car and I am sure your dad will get a buyer sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been searching but I'm looking for black/red with a solid black interior.

Steve
and whats wrong with black leather with red piping? :cool:

to the OP, I hear you, I'm having the same issue. I want a decent price ($75K) for the car, but there is another GS on ebay for 65K with less miles then me. My car is perfect, but the market is what it is.

SO, plan B is about to go into effect, the car is at Beverly hills Maserati now for sale on consignment.

to the guy that asked what they want for a consignment: the way it works is that you pick a price you want and you get that price from the dealer and they make the best deal they can to make profit. Obviously if they aren't making at least 5K or so, they will come back to you to ask you to take a lower price.

My dealer sales guy said he sold a GS 3-4 weeks ago for $80K. I'm asking him to do the same for me. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
280 Posts
have to say "private sale finance" is not a problem!

I have done this too many times too count; I never pay cash for any car over $30K as I feel the depreciation and the short times I hold a car are not worth it; I have financed many cars thru USAA primarily; they do not care if it is dealer or private; the Lotus and the XKR were both private sale; and in Georgia; private sale means NO SALES TAX; that's worth thousands!!! dogdoc

·
Registered
224 Posts
Have to agree - I've bought/sold cars privately on a number of occasions with financing. Some of the big lenders gouge you on the APR (like Capital One Auto) if you buy privately, but I've had good experiences with credit unions.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just don't like red piping. Another dealer offered to dye the piping for me but I don't want to take a chance with that.

It looks a little "batmobilish" --- from the 70s car. Don't get me wrong, I loved that car as a kid.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts