Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Recently I've been having problems cranking up... I turn the key and just hear a "tac-tac" and nothing happens, after trying several times the car finally starts and all is well. Thinking this was caused by a poorly charged battery I went ahead and replaced the 90 amp. battery I bought a little over a month ago with a gel/deep cycle/120 amp. and the problem persists. The car sometimes cranks up on the first time and sometimes "tacs-tacs" a few times before finally starting... what could it be causing this??

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Sounds like your starter. If it was the battery you wouldn't hear any noise trying to turn the car on. Since you hear a tic tic, it must be the starter trying to turn over.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies guys... the car did tac-tac just after putting in the new gel-deep cycle battery.
Now after riding it for 25 miles it is starting on first, my assumption as of now is that indeed it was the battery, I guess the new battery needed to be conditioned by the alternator... hope it continues this way. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Thanks for your replies guys... the car did tac-tac just after putting in the new gel-deep cycle battery.
Now after riding it for 25 miles it is starting on first, my assumption as of now is that indeed it was the battery, I guess the new battery needed to be conditioned by the alternator... hope it continues this way. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again...
For an unknown reason I'm happy I was right.;)

·
Registered
225 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.