Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Recently I've been having problems cranking up... I turn the key and just hear a "tac-tac" and nothing happens, after trying several times the car finally starts and all is well. Thinking this was caused by a poorly charged battery I went ahead and replaced the 90 amp. battery I bought a little over a month ago with a gel/deep cycle/120 amp. and the problem persists. The car sometimes cranks up on the first time and sometimes "tacs-tacs" a few times before finally starting... what could it be causing this??

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Sounds like your starter. If it was the battery you wouldn't hear any noise trying to turn the car on. Since you hear a tic tic, it must be the starter trying to turn over.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Sounds like your starter. If it was the battery you wouldn't hear any noise trying to turn the car on. Since you hear a tic tic, it must be the starter trying to turn over.
It did happened to me, it was the battery and it does the tic tic noise, BMW's do the same but with lot's of tics and clicks.:D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies guys... the car did tac-tac just after putting in the new gel-deep cycle battery.
Now after riding it for 25 miles it is starting on first, my assumption as of now is that indeed it was the battery, I guess the new battery needed to be conditioned by the alternator... hope it continues this way. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again...

·
Registered
859 Posts
Thanks for your replies guys... the car did tac-tac just after putting in the new gel-deep cycle battery.
Now after riding it for 25 miles it is starting on first, my assumption as of now is that indeed it was the battery, I guess the new battery needed to be conditioned by the alternator... hope it continues this way. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again...
For an unknown reason I'm happy I was right.;)

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
It's almost always the battery... not quite enough power to crank it over, but it still tries!

·
Registered
225 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts