Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 spyder and my top is giving some problems opening and closing. Has anybody had any issues like this? It sound like it has some air in the lines and also it looks like it leaks on the driver side a touch. Also have a malfunctioning 02 sensor(lower one) on the exahaust, has anybody purchased these from there local Bosch supplier instead of going to the dealer? (very expensive)

Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
My first Spyder was an 02 and it had several issues opening and closing - sometimes it would come down too hard and sort of bounce and trip the sensor to cancel operation. Othertimes the hard tonneau wouldn't actually release to allow the top to function. I had to have the dealer make a few adjustments to allow it to work...

·
Registered
98 Posts
'02 Spyder top problems

Don't have any leaks but up/down problems a plenty. This past weekend I had trouble putting the top back up. The typical bounce when the top got close to the windshield. Took several tries to get it back open but it then closed as it should. Later, in front of several other Maseratis it would not even whine when I tried to open it but when I got her home she worked just fine. I've reset the computer many times and had to use the large allen wrench to fasten the top to the windshield a few times. However, bye hook or crook, I've always gotten her working as she should. I keep telling myself that next time I'll carry her to the Maserati shop, but she's only not opened that one time. I don't think it would be productive to carry her to the shop while she was working.

Keep posting, I'll do the same. Maybe we can help each other.

·
Registered
773 Posts

had trouble, first with leak in line on driver side. i patched it with brass fittings from store. then right cyl. started to not function. dealer wanted god knows how much, i made it. finally top stopped. to the dealer i went. $2000.00 later top works fine. replaced all lines+cyl. i had made. all this was 2 years ago. everything still works. i think i did sonthing to cause my problem, but maybe not after reading your post

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.