Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So stupid me I lost the circuit board out of the only key I had. The key would still crank the engine and I could drive OK but the remote door and trunk function is lost. Called Maserati of Atlanta, explained situation and was told to order new key. Done. In Atlanta yesterday and was told they could not program the new key without the old key working properly. The only resort is to order and replace the alarm ecu which costs an additional $1100 on top of the $400 for the key. This really doesn't make any sense to me so I'm hoping one of you geniuses can help resolve this. :confused:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
So stupid me I lost the circuit board out of the only key I had. The key would still crank the engine and I could drive OK but the remote door and trunk function is lost. Called Maserati of Atlanta, explained situation and was told to order new key. Done. In Atlanta yesterday and was told they could not program the new key without the old key working properly. The only resort is to order and replace the alarm ecu which costs an additional $1100 on top of the $400 for the key. This really doesn't make any sense to me so I'm hoping one of you geniuses can help resolve this. :confused:
If you have the owners manuals, there's a key card in one of the pouches which I thought could be used to program a new key.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a similar incident recently. The key still worked the ignition but didn't disarm the alarm or pop the trunk anymore. They didn't have to replace my actual key. They ordered an alarm "kit" which replaced the ecu and provided three new circuit boards (2 regular and 1 valet) for my existing keys. Everything works fine now and since I only had 1 regular key I have a programmed extra circuit board too. The total cost at Maser San Antonio was $1000. If you'd like to see the invoice let me know and I'll email it to you.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Useless cards

If you have the owners manuals, there's a key card in one of the pouches which I thought could be used to program a new key.
The new key came with the card you're discussing. This card is exactly the same as the card in my manual. Same numbers exactly. They wanted $20 for it but since it was the same as mine and didn't seem to have any function I offered to let them keep it. After such a big screw up they gave it to me gratis. Now I have 2 useless card, I reckon.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a similar incident recently. The key still worked the ignition but didn't disarm the alarm or pop the trunk anymore. They didn't have to replace my actual key. They ordered an alarm "kit" which replaced the ecu and provided three new circuit boards (2 regular and 1 valet) for my existing keys. Everything works fine now and since I only had 1 regular key I have a programmed extra circuit board too. The total cost at Maser San Antonio was $1000. If you'd like to see the invoice let me know and I'll email it to you.
Thanks. This seems to be a solution Maserati/Atlanta is unaware of. I'll contact them next week and see what's what.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We recently purchased a 2003 spyer with only 1 key. I wanted an extra so I called the local dealer and they quoted me 4 grand for the process. I then called the original selling dealer Orange county Ferrari, but they had no orginal code information avalible on my car.

They did give me 2 part numbers for my local dealer to order from Maserati. My local dealer required a copy of the title and a copy of my drivers license. This then allowed my dealer to order the extra key and the code card for $400.00. They then will program my new key to the card and reprogram the car for 2 hours of labor. So for $650 plus tax I will have an extra key and a reprogramed car.

As a side note according to my local dealer they did not know these 2 Maerati parts numbers even existed, they seemed surprised that I had found these part numbers and told me they had never herard of them. I'm guessing they thought just another Maserati owner that could afford the 4 grand.
If you need these numbers email me [email protected].

howard and Candy
2005 Maserati spyder
1981 Ferrari 308gtsi
2 many brass era cars

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ivanejackson request for ivanejackson

I forget to check my Private Messages also. Would you please send me either the part number for the alarm kit or a copy of the invoice. My email is [email protected]. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The electronic code you refer to is for programing the mechanical key portion to the imobilizer system. The remote function of the keys is completely different and a seperate ECU and can be ordered without a key (circuit board only). To program a new circuit board you must have one functioning unit to enter programming mode. If no circuit boards are present you are unfortunatly left with no choice but to install a new remote kit/ecu.

·
Registered
518 Posts
is there any way to program them yourself if you have one working key? I have one fully functioning key, plus my red key but my other blue key the trunk and door lock do not work is this just a matter of getting the new board for the one that does not work?

·
Registered
773 Posts
key

look at all these various answers. all over the $ map. mine was $3800 in o2 they were smart ass about the fact that they had me by the short h--- i was dumb because they nicked me, or tried to two more times. and that was Columbus ohio dealer. car then went to hinsdale ill. wonderful experience

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have the same problem. Can you send me more detail about the alarm unit.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a slightly different problem. I had an old broken key fob, so I bought a used one and transferred the mechanical key and the circuit board from my old key to the newly purchased fob.

The buttons work to lock and unlock the door, but the car won't turn over and I get the dash warning about the security. The key turns, but the car won't start.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a slightly different problem. I had an old broken key fob, so I bought a used one and transferred the mechanical key and the circuit board from my old key to the newly purchased fob.

The buttons work to lock and unlock the door, but the car won't turn over and I get the dash warning about the security. The key turns, but the car won't start.

Any thoughts?
Same exact problem. Any solutions out there?

TJ

·
Registered
905 Posts
There is a little glass chip in the key that needs to be transferred to the new key. It is very fragile and held in with glue that can be melted with a hot air gun or whatever they are called. Without that little glass tube-like chip, the car will not start.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 Quattroporte Hey fellaZ pls help me out ... I was trying to switch my key fob into another housing since it broke ... Long story short I broke my chip in the key .. The little glass cylinder inside it ... I still have the circuit and everything else ... So what can I do I called the dealership and they said 3500 .... Do I need to change everything ? It cranks but just won't start

·
Sponsor
450 Posts
Well if you still have a base key or the master key and the code card you can order a new key.

Have the dealer the code the new key in to your alarm system via the dealer computer.
The key it self isn't expensive depending on model year we charge 180-250€ for a OEM pre-cut key to the chassis code.

All that is left is to code the key to the cars ignition and alarm system.

If a retro fit kit is required for the car, it's depending on the chassis it's about €550

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well if you still have a base key or the master key and the code card you can order a new key.

Have the dealer the code the new key in to your alarm system via the dealer computer.
The key it self isn't expensive depending on model year we charge 180-250€ for a OEM pre-cut key to the chassis code.

All that is left is to code the key to the cars ignition and alarm system.

If a retro fit kit is required for the car, it's depending on the chassis it's about €550
Hi,
I purchased a new key for my Maserati but the dealer could not get it to program to the ignition. Everything else works. They told me that I needed to purchase a new body control module for $1500. Is there any way that I can order and replace the module myself for cheaper? Or will I have to take it to the dealer to reprogram?

·
Registered
32 Posts
We recently purchased a 2003 spyer with only 1 key. I wanted an extra so I called the local dealer and they quoted me 4 grand for the process. I then called the original selling dealer Orange county Ferrari, but they had no orginal code information avalible on my car.

They did give me 2 part numbers for my local dealer to order from Maserati. My local dealer required a copy of the title and a copy of my drivers license. This then allowed my dealer to order the extra key and the code card for $400.00. They then will program my new key to the card and reprogram the car for 2 hours of labor. So for $650 plus tax I will have an extra key and a reprogramed car.

As a side note according to my local dealer they did not know these 2 Maerati parts numbers even existed, they seemed surprised that I had found these part numbers and told me they had never herard of them. I'm guessing they thought just another Maserati owner that could afford the 4 grand.
If you need these numbers email me [email protected].

howard and Candy
2005 Maserati spyder
1981 Ferrari 308gtsi
2 many brass era cars
CAN YOU PM ME WITH THE PARTS NUMBER THANKS

1 - 20 of 22 Posts