Maserati Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Taking this thread back to it's original intent:

Dinner with a few friends lasting to about 10pm. Adjacent table was about a dozen+ of local "royalty" (the "in" crowd). The town's local billionaire, etc. After checking out, I went to the can. Done, out the door to the parking lot. The other table had left before me, and were standing around the car. I'm hearing comments like "OMG, it's a Maserati". "Who's is it?" I think I heard someone say they thought it might be mine. Walked up, was asked if I actually drive it much. Responded that I bought it for long distance road trips, which seemed to surprise them. Got in, 2 ladies on the passenger side and one on my side were pounding on the windows wanting rides. Now, mind you, I'm guessing their cars are likely worth 4 times as much. Politely declining, I started it and everybody jumped way back like they thought it was going to explode. (Sport GTS exhaust...) Drove off while they all just stood there.

Too funny.
Priceless indeed!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
OK, had another "reaction". This one was a bit embarrassing, to me at least.

I was at a local deep discount department store. (Yes, I'm cheap.) I parked roughly in the middle of the parking lot, sufficiently far to avoid door dings. When I came out of the store, a 20-some year old pickup was parked near. The passenger door was open, and a lady was sitting there. Not sure what this was all about, I just walked by trying to ignore them. As I got to the car, the lady said, "Sir! Sir! Pardon me. What kind of car is that?" I answered. She said, "That is the most gorgeous car I have ever seen!" Embarrassed, I wasn't exactly sure how to react. I gave a polite "Thank you". Hate to come across as a snob, but sometimes it might seem that way when I'm caught speechless.

Hans.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Recently at a gas station while filling up, this italian guy with a heavy accent asked me how much my '18 Ghibli sq4 Gransport was... his guess was 150k.... I told him not even close, this is an entry level model lol (albeit fully loaded and dripping with carbon fiber exterior bits)

61 - 63 of 63 Posts