Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to tell you what happened a few hours ago. I was in a building's elevator, 2 couples in their 60s entered the elevator. I was wearing a T-shirt (it's hot in Miami) with a Ferrari logo on it.

One of the men asked me with a smile if I own a Ferrari. I said no, but I used to own a Maserati Quattroporte sold several months ago.

All of a sudden their faces dropped, 2 of them said "WHAAAAHHHH a Maserati" and they left with big smiles.

Priceless reaction. The Maserati name was more important and prestigious for them than Ferrari.

:thumbsup: :cheers: :cool: :thumbsup:

I hope the new models will continue to bring such reactions and comments.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Why'd you sell the qp?

D

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I have to tell you what happened a few hours ago. I was in a building's elevator, 2 couples in their 60s entered the elevator. I was wearing a T-shirt (it's hot in Miami) with a Ferrari logo on it.

One of the men asked me with a smile if I own a Ferrari. I said no, but I used to own a Maserati Quattroporte sold several months ago.

All of a sudden their faces dropped, 2 of them said "WHAAAAHHHH a Maserati" and they left with big smiles.

Priceless reaction. The Maserati name was more important and prestigious for them than Ferrari.

great story. not sure how old you are, but maybe because you're younger than them and have owned a Maserati...

I have a Ferrari tshirt too, and cant wait until i can wear it, and someone asks me the same question, and i can proudly say "yes I have a Ferrari AND a Maserati!"

·
Registered
293 Posts

I hope the new models will continue to bring such reactions and comments.

Whenever someone asks me if I have a ferrari, I just say that I have a honda. It makes you look normal in others eyes and they wont treat me differently because of the car.

D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Come on now Dan! :) Are you kidding me?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Come on now Dan! :) Are you kidding me?

Nope, I really hate being treated differently because of my car's. When my son was in 10th grade I dropped him off in a 612 and his bio teacher saw it and started calling him "moneybags" ever since then I promised to myself I'd never be seen in one unless I'm out with people I know.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Nope, I really hate being treated differently because of my car's. When my son was in 10th grade I dropped him off in a 612 and his bio teacher saw it and started calling him "moneybags" ever since then I promised to myself I'd never be seen in one unless I'm out with people I know.
Very good point Dantheman. Unfortunately your son's 10th grade teacher is a douchbag, and I would have complained to the principal or superintendent To call him"moneybags" is uncalled for and something the teacher could have been terminated for.

A similar story..a fellow doc at work has a Lambo Gallardo and everyone knows...guess he doesn't hide it well :rolleyes: but NO one at work knows I have a Maserati and 2 Porsches. It's no ones business and I drive them because I love to, not to show off...

But I think the point is that we drive cars that we love, and are very lucky to be able to afford. I hope I can speak for my fellow members when i say that we don't buy Maseratis or Ferraris to show off.. If so that would be very lame IMHO.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I agree, it's for the love of the game! The driving experience in these cars is the most gratifying part, in my opinion :p

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Very good point Dantheman. Unfortunately your son's 10th grade teacher is a douchbag, and I would have complained to the principal or superintendent To call him"moneybags" is uncalled for....
+1

Very inappropriate. A single comment could be forgiven as a slip up, but for it to continue??? Not acceptable. Kids are sensitive enough to the crap they take from their peers, let alone a teacher.

I try to be discreet and few know what I drive, especially at work, but I also don't let it significantly change how I live my life or enjoy my car. I suppose everyone has to find their own balance, though.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
great story. not sure how old you are, but maybe because you're younger than them and have owned a Maserati...I have a Ferrari tshirt too, and cant wait until i can wear it, and someone asks me the same question, and i can proudly say "yes I have a Ferrari AND a Maserati!"
No, it had nothing to do with me. The Maserati name, for wathever reasons, brought a bigger reaction than Ferrari. This is great (and wanted to share) because it means that the brand still carries something magic and exciting for some people. They clearly liked Ferrari but Maserati made then react in a bigger way.

I hope the new models will continue to bring such reactions and comments (beauty, sexiness, performances, sound, ...).

When my son was in 10th grade I dropped him off in a 612 and his bio teacher saw it and started calling him "moneybags" .
Stupid people, and doing this to a child!

Why'd you sell the qp?
I traveled most of the 2nd half of 2012 (still need to travel a lot these next months), I wanted to change my 07 QP for something more recent or new, it did not make sense to keep QP in a garage for over 9 months without being driven. I loved QP, such a beauty, the sexiest sedan on the road. Time to move on to something more recent. So, if all continues to go well, later this year I plan to add a model such as a Ferrari 612, a Maserati GranTurismo, a recent QP (not the new body), a Ferrari California or an Aston Martin (DBS/DB9/Rapide). The 612 is on top of the list.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
When my son was in 10th grade I dropped him off in a 612 and his bio teacher saw it and started calling him "moneybags" .
Of course he did.

Probably muttered under his breath something akin to, "...must be a one percenter! Gotta redistribute the wealth so he's gotta pay more taxes. For sure that will stop the fiscal problems; that's what my latest union mag said." :rolleyes:

Ahh, that's what 40 years of the "progressive education system" (or as Dr. John sang, "edumacation") gets us.

It astounds me that this country has changed so drastically in only two short generations. :thumbsdown:

Sorry for the rant. I agree with those that said you had reason to report this moron, though the union would have protected him I'm sure. Just like they did that pedophile in Jersey or New Yawk awhile back. Disgusting.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Very good point Dantheman. Unfortunately your son's 10th grade teacher is a douchbag, and I would have complained to the principal or superintendent To call him"moneybags" is uncalled for and something the teacher could have been terminated for.

A similar story..a fellow doc at work has a Lambo Gallardo and everyone knows...guess he doesn't hide it well :rolleyes: but NO one at work knows I have a Maserati and 2 Porsches. It's no ones business and I drive them because I love to, not to show off...

But I think the point is that we drive cars that we love, and are very lucky to be able to afford. I hope I can speak for my fellow members when i say that we don't buy Maseratis or Ferraris to show off.. If so that would be very lame IMHO.
Teacher was removed from his post.

D

·
5,887 Posts
I hope I can speak for my fellow members when i say that we don't buy Maseratis or Ferraris to show off.. If so that would be very lame IMHO.
You would be amazed. Over the years, we have seen post after post pontificating on the importance of the "brand" and how important it is that others recognize it as being very expensive. Just dive into the threads on the upcoming "affordable" QP and you will see that how others view theses cars is VERY important to many owners.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Teacher was removed from his post.

D
Very nice! I'm so glad to hear that Dantheman. Guess still some justice left in the world :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How do you know how they would have reacted if you were wearing a Maserati shirt and replied, "no, but I have a Ferrari"?
I don't know, that's not the point at all when I wrote this thread.

My comments were just to say that some people had a great reaction when they heard the name Maserati after talking about Ferrari. That's all! Nothing said about owners, it was just about the brand name and what it meant in their imagination.

I thought it was great to share because it means that the name and what it means (not who owns a Maserati) mattered to these people. We all love Maserati and what it stands for, therefore we should all rejoice that it is happening. I truly hope it goes on and on with new models.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Tomorrow when my wife and I go to the Ritz Carlton to see the new QP amd meet the Italian marketing director of Maserati, I shall be wearing one of my Maserati baseball caps and my Maserati watch. Hopefully when he sees that (and my QP) he will know I am serious and let me drive the car!
Wow, that sound very exciting. Keep us posted! And yes, they better let you drive the new QP

·
5,887 Posts
I don't know, that's not the point at all when I wrote this thread.
Maybe I just misread. I thought you were saying Maserati got a bigger reaction than Ferrari. Chances are, they may have just been reacting to any exotic brand you may own. I didn't realize you weren't comparing the two. I also think it is great that the brand is getting to be more mainstream :cheers:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
744 Posts
You would be amazed. Over the years, we have seen post after post pontificating on the importance of the "brand" and how important it is that others recognize it as being very expensive. Just dive into the threads on the upcoming "affordable" QP and you will see that how others view theses cars is VERY important to many owners.
I agree completely Travis. I think a lot of people on here are conflicted. They say they don't care about the image and prestige of the brand yet when pressed they can't seem to justify buying the cars on anything other than those points.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts