Maserati Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’d rather deal with sticky buttons in a Maserati .. but maybe that’s just me ..:sneaky:
I like the car, but doubt I'd ever buy another no less a Ferrari. How this is still an issue is unimaginable, what terrible customer relations, marketing, and general management. Maserati/Ferrari will never be anything but a niche brand, maybe they like it that way?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like the car, but doubt I'd ever buy another no less a Ferrari. How this is still an issue is unimaginable, what terrible customer relations, marketing, and general management. Maserati/Ferrari will never be anything but a niche brand, maybe they like it that way?
IT is a dumb issue to have, especially going on how many years now, but all Italian cars have their oddities. In the grand scheme of things, not the biggest deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
IT is a dumb issue to have, especially going on how many years now, but all Italian cars have their oddities. In the grand scheme of things, not the biggest deal.
It's certainly a big deal to me. I agree it's dumb and an oddity, exactly why no italian car maker will ever be more than a curiosity. And why not fix such a simple and annoying thing when the rest of the product is so good? This is why Porsche has 10X the market share - if they only didn't build such ugly cars my problems would be solved.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
No kidding, and don’t even get me started on the Panamera... but back to the sticky buttons, it is indeed a shame that it’s such a prevalent problem, and MaseratI ( or even Ferrari with similar problems in their much more expensive cars than our GTs ) haven‘t addressed this. They clearly do not feel this TARnishes😉 their reputation in any way. I’m still shocked Maserati USA agreed to replace the buttons at no cost to the owner in that one case posted here on the Forum .. even more shocking it was an 11 year old car and a second owner who did not buy the car from the dealer . Maybe those of you with sticky buttons can start a letter writing campaign to Maserati . Not sure if that will resolve anything and compel Maserati to do a recall, I would tend to doubt it , but on the other hand it can’t hurt either . Nothing to lose . IMO.

·
Registered
2014 Maserati GranTurismo Sport
36 Posts
GranTurismo's my dream car, so I'm willing to put up with quite a lot for it. That said, she needs brought up to my standards, and these sticky buttons are a nightmare to deal with. As a guy who details his own cars quite regularly, this issue has really frustrated me. I've tried Goo Gone, makeup remover, pure IPA, but this stuff is a stubborn mess. o_O

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's because we all want a premium feel of the buttons so they add a coating. Probably not the best coating or most thought out part of the car, but Maserati isnt known for their amazing non sticky plastic buttons. When someone buys a new maserati and spends 200k, they wont mind paying 2000 to replace some sticky buttons a few years down the road.

You have to remember these cars are made to be sold to a certain group of people and most of us here are not in that group. So the r&d budget goes into making an great driving, sounding and amazing looking car. And well, the plastics, they just re-use whatever they can find (ferrari / FCA and now PSA).

·
Registered
775 Posts
This issue is the failure of soft touch coatings. The use of soft touch coatings is not a Maserati or Ferrari invention or only application. Many other automotive manufactures (not Italian) have also used them.

I can't speak for Maserati, however, the new Ferrari models are no longer soft touch - they are hard touch. The F8, GTC Lusso, 812 and Portofino and hard touch coatings.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It gets so hot nothing much you can do im in tampa, you can always reach out to maserati and complain about sticky buttons they might resurface all of them for you the did on my 09 this year only paid 300 out of 4000.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hello everyone

fist time poster. finalzing purchase of a 2014 GT MC line; very excited. The car has been in the NE and doesnt have sticky buttons ..... yet. I live in FL and intend to use it regularly which means that it will be parked all day in the sun. Other then getting a good quality sunshade, is there anything else I can do to prevent that from happening?
As long as you dont wipe the buttons with a protectant like Amour All, you will be fine. Just soap and water to get the finger oils off them... steering wheel, drivers side window switch, light switch and AC panel are the most touched...

And get tint ASAP...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Some folks will walk from their dream car based a a few buttons which can be fixed...on an EXTRAORDINARY car!!! Got to say, with several of our long distances rides for which it was purchased being cancelled this season, I am finding myself DD the GTS more often. It grows on me everytime I drive it whether its gentle, slow, fast , loud etc. I never thought I'd like a 4180lb GT car so much.
I have been in people's cars where the owner lubes his/her hands excessively. Steering wheel is yuk as are all the controls. I can promise you this a contributor. No sticky buttons will stop me from owning another one. Hopefully , the next gen cars remove this issue. Same issue in Levante, Ghibli or Quattroporte??? Yet they'll buy a Porsche with IMS issues.........what costs more????? BTW IMS causes IBS!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts