Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone know of a reliable and knowledgeable PPI done in Houston? and I had a question about 'TPMS' sensor going off on this car. The owner says it gets cold and the sensor goes off initially, but after 10 min drive or it goes away as the tires warm up. Now, I am not sure is this true or the tires have a faulty sensor which needs to be replaced, the life of the sensor is over? or needs recalibration of some sort?. Also there is a ding almost the size of a nickle on the front bumper, any idea how much it would cost to repair?

Thanks a bunch!:autofahrer:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Houston motorwerks

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I was told by a Ferrari factory trained tech that the expected life of a TMPS is 5 years.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was told by a Ferrari factory trained tech that the expected life of a TMPS is 5 years.
Ah, I see the car is still under factory warranty on this vehicle and wheels I believe till the end of '11. Is it a good idea to have it checked out in PPI? or should I just go ahead and have it replaced? it's an 08 with 2010 gts wheels on it!

Thanks,
:running:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Autodynamica,

Im pretty sure David (YSRJunkie) could do a PPI for you.

9391 Grogans Mill Rd. Suite B-12, The Woodlands, TX 77380
Tel: 281.292.7755 | Mon. - Fri. from 8a.m. to 6p.m

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Autodynamica,

You mean David Long? sure I can touch base with him.. I'm looking at buying it this week if everything falls in place.. :)`

THANKS!

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Masinfur - good luck with the purchase. Keep us informed on the results.

p.s. as far as TPMS going whacky because of the cold I have had a similar experience in the cold. In fact, had one tonight on my way home. Do Not Proceed - Tyre Punctured warning comes on. The tyre is not punctured. After ten minutes or so recalibrate and everything's fine.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Autodynamica,

Thanks for the props. I'm always happy to keep the passion burning and contagious. Drop me a line if I can help with anything.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help & support!

Hey members,

Sorry to say but my deal fell through! I would be traveling a lot this year. So I guess I am buying a QP next year :(. The car is still available is in excellent shape and all!

Thanks all you guys with all the info and help:2thumbsup:

Until next year :ashamed::ashamed:

·
Registered
125 Posts
More info on the car for sale please!!!!?!!!?!!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is the ONLY cleanest 'Douselect' car in the Market right with 14K on it! with CPO till 2013 and new Clutch! Let me see if it's still available, are you interested in it? PM me I'll send you all the info I 'PAID' to get on that car! Plus some help from Desert Maserati from this ML forum which helped me narrow down on tis specific one :Tombo: Unfortunately, work keeps me travelling this year ::rolleyes: I'm just so not happy that I couldn't get it right away.:thumbsdown:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts