Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am probably going to purchase a pre-owned quattroporte very soon, I have found an 05 with 31k for $49k....any major reliability issues with these cars or are they pretty bullet proof? How is the service interval on the ferrari based engine....I currently have a Range Rover, and service has been pretty "normal"....any out of the ordinary service procedures that need to be performed on a car such as this...I love the look of the quattroporte, but need to be able to drive it.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
Hi Kieth,

The QP has a respectable record for reliability. It's not stellar however it's really not bad either. I believe it's as fit as any other high end car out there. I'm sure a few other guys / gals can chime in here.

However we have had customers with 100k on their QP's with a few small bumps along the way but nothing excessive.

·
Registered
340 Posts
There is a thread on things to look out for when buying a new Maser.

Typical things like brakes, tires and fluids cost a lot more to replace on a Maser than many other cars and a new clutch / flywheel can easily set you back $5K. The price on a used car then can swing +/- $10K - $15K depending on what maintenance is outstanding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts