Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I'll soon be in the market for a Spyder and would like to get your thoughts on something. I know that a Pre-Purchase Inspection is absolutely critical, but I suspect I might have some trouble tracking down a qualified local independent mechanic in some cases. It seems like many Masers offered for sale are serviced at their local FM dealer. Do you think it would be a conflict of interest for me to have the servicing dealer do the PPI instead of an independent mechanic?

Thanks,
Scott

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree with Travis and would add that it depends on the dealer's reputation, whether or not the car still has remaining factory warranty, etc.
I looked at a GS a few weeks ago at a Maserati dealer in Chicago Decided not to buy it because I don't want the sport techno interior, but when I mentioned a PPI, they got out the full service history, a list of everything they did to the car, what the remaining clutch life was,etc. Also, they had sold the car new and took it back in on trade. Had it been the right car, I would have been comfortable.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The dealer that did my PPI also origianlly sold and serviced my car (although I bought it from the local Mercedes dealer). They have been fantastic about everthing and continue to service the car for me. Knowing that they were the only one that has ever touched the car actually makes me feel a lot better about the car. They have actually taken care of some small things (striped bolts and such) since they also know that they are the only one's to have touched the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts