Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Not a fan of poly bushings...They are actually a bearing and you must lube them...The grease just attracts dirt to your bearing..Jason
I believe the compound used is a harder material than OEM and that I they're known to squeak without regular lubing. Which is somewhat tricky at the back with the rear subframe in the way.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I think poly bushings are fine if you're aware they have a shorter service life in some applications. In rotating applications like sway bars and control arms they do need constant lubrication or they wear out. So your options are maintenance or regular replacement. They are a lot cheaper so it could be worth it still.

As for dealing with powerflex, I've spoken with them about supplying bushings for my control arms. I found them good to deal with so just reach out.

·
Registered
2005 Coupe GT 6MT, Black/Black
180 Posts
A few notes from Powerflex when I emailed them:

It doesn't appear we have anything that cross references with that part number (186494 - Flanbloc). PF17-411 is intended for the rear upper control arm and PF17-402 is intended for the rear lower control arm. These should both fit the 4200GT and it appears the 4200 Coupe would take the same parts, but if your OE bushing doesn't cross reference it may not work.

Our bushings do not usually require relubrication if they are properly greased on installation.

Our warranty covers any failure that may occur in the form of replacement of the defective product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts