Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine asked me an interesting question this weekend and I'm not sure I know how I feel about it. He's connected with a Chinese company that makes OEM car badges and wondered if we'd be interested in a pair of small high quality badges that say "Powered by Ferrari" with a small horse logo. He thought just under the V8 emblem.

At first I thought that would be cool but it's not 100% technically correct. It's actually powered my Maserati which would be redundant!

Comments?

·
Registered
192 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

If you want a Ferrari, buy a Ferrari.

Please, just say no. Be proud to have a Maserati.

-dsd

·
Registered
128 Posts
there is actually something to be said for owning a maserati!!! i personally feel that ferrari is to maserati as toyota is to lexus... well No, bad analogy.

Either way Maserati is rich in tradition and heritage which should never be overshadowed by some dumb prancing horse.

just my 2 pennies.

drive safe

·
Registered
513 Posts
with toungue deeply in cheek

Maybe he can fabricate a Banner which goes across the top of the Windsheild
in the Red/White/Green Colours of Italy saying "Powered AND Tuned by Ferrari"

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think it's cool that Ferrari took part in making my Maserati, but I don't see any reason to display it. I have pride in my Maserati and I feel that Maseratis are superior to Ferraris in some ways and vice versa. They are two different cars both of which I LOVE and am very passionate about.

Anybody who purchases an item like this does not respect the Maserati heritage and needs to work a little harder and buy the Ferrari they want because they are NOT happy with a Maserati.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Points all well taken. The Toyota/Lexus comparison is kind of funny though. Which is the Maserati?

·
Registered
43 Posts
A more appropriate badge would be a "Powered by Maserati" on a F430.
:) :) :)

But seriously, who cares? Maseratis and Ferraris are different, one more elegant, and the other more racy. I would love to have one of each.

- Jon

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BusDriver said:
More appropriate would be a "Powered by Maserati" badge on a F430.

:) :) :)

- Jon
That may be more true than you think! With the elimination of the cam belts and the 4.2's reliability record, could the 430 become a practical daily driver? Hmmmmmm

·
Registered
128 Posts
BeeYouZeeZee said:
Points all well taken. The Toyota/Lexus comparison is kind of funny though. Which is the Maserati?
the toyota is ferrari... i just thought it was funny!
maserati is classy and far more unique then most ferraris.

example.. the MC12 vs. Enzo . . .

I have always loved Maserati's since i was a kid when i saw Rocky bail Uncle Paulie out of the drunk tank in Rocky III.

where i live (silicon valley Ca) 360's and 430's are like A$$HOLES... every pencil-neck has one.

drive safe

·
Registered
128 Posts
BeeYouZeeZee said:
That may be more true than you think! With the elimination of the cam belts and the 4.2's reliability record, could the 430 become a practical daily driver? Hmmmmmm
the badge on my car is going to read like the sticker on my drum set

POWERED BY DEEZ NUTS

·
Registered
54 Posts
Powered by more $'s cars motor

He should make an emblem that says "Powered By more $'s Cars Motor"

Why is a Ferrari 430 cost twice the price of a Maserati Gransport? They cost about the same to build ?

Dr Evil

·
Registered
681 Posts
drevil said:
He should make an emblem that says "Powered By more $'s Cars Motor"

Why is a Ferrari 430 cost twice the price of a Maserati Gransport? They cost about the same to build ?

Dr Evil
Supply & Demand. In the U.S. you can get a Gransport with discounts off retail. On an F430 you have to get on a 3 year waiting list and buy some used cars from the dealer to even get on the list. LOL

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Deez Nuts

MrTheKid said:
the badge on my car is going to read like the sticker on my drum set