Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys last night, on way home doing a tight 3 point to get in drive way power steering went completely out instantly. Looked in manual but don’t see anything labeled for power steering fuse or relay. Am i missing something? Fluid is full and clean. Has not been heavy etc it’s like the pump is just not engaged.

7,632 Posts
You have a system that varies the steering effort, but a total lack of assist is probably not caused by that so it isn't gonna be a fuse etc...If I had to guess then I would say a snapped shaft in the P/S pump..Jason

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have a system that varies the steering effort, but a total lack of assist is probably not caused by that so it isn't gonna be a fuse etc...If I had to guess then I would say a snapped shaft in the P/S pump..Jason
Well damn. Just ordered a pump. Any idea how bad it is to replace this thing? Greatly appreciate you.

7,632 Posts
Ok, this is an internet diagnosis so I wouldn't be ordering stuff just yet...I could be wrong as I have been wrong before a bunch of times..Replacing the pump depends on your skill level...It is not a nightmare but not a level 1 repair IMO...Jason

7,632 Posts
Actually, Jason has only been wrong one time and that was when he said he made a mistake...
Oh ok...You have no idea...When you deal with mechanical and electrical crap you are subject to being wrong...Sometimes you are the hero and sometimes you are the goat...Life goes on..J

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh ok...You have no idea...When you deal with mechanical and electrical crap you are subject to being wrong...Sometimes you are the hero and sometimes you are the goat...Life goes on..J
Went to suck fluid out this afternoon to prep to work on this tomorrow. Reservoir had tons of what looked like metal powder in it, assume that is the inside of the pump.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts