Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions for a power brake bleeding kit? Any chance I can hook it up to my air compressor? I have a 100+ psi compressor with a valve to deliver specific psi to the release.. wondering if that’s sufficient or if I need something with more precision.

What do most folks here use?

5,381 Posts
That sounds like a good way to F something up...They make some vacuum bleeders that I don't care for...You know you can just gravity bleed them right? We do it that way in the shop...Seen a few cars get messed up with power bleeders including a 360 that the local dealer messed up...J

Reactions: Mrbobdou

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Yeah, I personally prefer not to mess with power bleeders either...good old fashioned wearing out of someone's good leg is how I still do it! (y)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry... maybe I mean pressure bleeders? Pretty sure I've quite a few folks here use pressure to assist the oil being pushed through... maybe mistaken? Dunno, it was on the internet, so it must be true...

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Sorry... maybe I mean pressure bleeders? Pretty sure I've quite a few folks here use pressure to assist the oil being pushed through... maybe mistaken? Dunno, it was on the internet, so it must be true...
Lot's of folks use pressure bleeders, have this one myself, works great too. I just prefer the old way.
Motive Pressure Bleeder.jpg

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, Tim, you're spreading the fake news!! I think that's the exact one I saw actually on ML...

Good to note it's not actually needed... I have no problem waiting for the brakes to bleed, I'll just go that route.

Thanks fellas (y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the motive too. Yes, it's not actually needed if you have a willing assistant, which I don't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts