Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I had an odd power loss, left the house, wasn't trying to accelerate all that hard and found my foot was to the floor, and the car really wasn't moving all that fast.

I tried some hard launches as I got closer to work and no wheelspin/MSP light, and the car felt like it had lost 30-40BHP.

I am about to have the 18500 service done which includes a new air filter, but a sudden drop like this seems odd. I drove it at lunch time and it seemed a little better.

Anyone else have a similar issue ever?

·
Registered
139 Posts
had the problem on my Boxster

The problem I had in my Boxster was similar. The air/oil seperator was clogged. I think that part is unique to flat (boxer) engines but I am not certain. The foamy oil would be dumped into the air intake instead of being recirculated back to the oil pan. It fouled the plugs which caused the hesitation.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I was mid tank. This is more than bad gas because I would have felt the engine hesitate or misfire or something.

It was pretty bad in the morning, it was like the throttle butterfly was barely opening. Wife suggested mouse caught in intake.

Anyway, sure enough, driving home this afternoon the car was perfect.

sigh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts