Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Customer of mine totalled his car unfortunantely (no injured parties). I may be able to get my hands on the car and while it's not worth repairing, I'm toying with the idea of parting it out. I'm just trying to get a general idea to see if anyone would be interested in parts from the car (parts would be heavily discounted 50-80% from new since they're used). No need to say specifically which part, I'm just trying to get a role call right now to give me an idea.

·
Registered
513 Posts
great idea..!

there is also an Italian Recycler out here in Northern Cal who does the same and has had several 4200 Maseratis...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
demoe said:
there is also an Italian Recycler out here in Northern Cal who does the same and has had several 4200 Maseratis...
I've dealt with the 2-3 major ones in CA. Problem is 1/2 the time the parts I get are not as described, unfortunantely it's an "as is" deal and I've gotten stuck with parts that are complete junk that they try to blame on shipping. Their bread and butter is recycling these cars. Our speciality is OEM & Aftermarket parts for Ferrari/Maserati, this will probably be a 1-time thing and I'm not expecting to profit much from it if anything. More or less just the fun of taking a 4200 apart and getting a better understanding of the car. I don't plan on sending people junk that I know does not work. I also feel that with more 02-03's coming out of warranty it may be able to help people who are looking for spare or replacement parts. Just a thought so far but, I didn't get much of a chance to work on my 4200, so it's something I'm getting excited about.

·
Registered
773 Posts
good thought!

i have worked on my 02 spyder and would do more, but cannot get calif. yards to return calls. go for this new business, i will support

·
Registered
333 Posts
Glad to hear there were no injuries.

Was it a GS?
I'd like to be the first in line for the sterreing wheel if it is the one with carbon fiber on the top.
I don't think a blown airbag would be a problem because I believe the one on my CC fits perfectly on the carbon fiber wheel.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Wheels?

I am interested in at least one front and one rear 7 spoke wheel. Are these available? My current wheels have a black pearl coating which is cool, but is extremely unforgiving of curb rash, yet seemingly they have a magnetic attraction of some sort to curbs! Anyway, I'd like to have a couple to use as rotating replacements when I do curb damage.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not promising any parts yet, I will have to have the vehicle in my hands before I can determine what is resellable and what is going in the trash. This thread is merely just to get an idea if the demand is there, which based on this thread and feedback outside of it there is.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not promising any parts yet, I will have to have the vehicle in my hands before I can determine what is resellable and what is going in the trash. This thread is merely just to get an idea if the demand is there, which based on this thread and feedback outside of it there is.
There are a few parts I'd like to get my hands on. Did this ever came to fruition?

- John in DC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts