Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Drew -

I'm not sure I would buy a car withouth driving it. Where are you located ?? I persaonally waited for one to come for sale in my area that I could personally drive / look at / examine the paint, etc. And am very glad I dd. Model and year are great, after all, it is a MASERATI! Just my opionion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course

I would not buy it sight unseen, I'm going to be in Florida next month on business and planned on visiting the dealer.

I'm located in the Beverly Hills area, and we have a local dealership here and another in Pasadena nearby. Trouble is that they do not have the model in the color and at the price I want. I'm also looking at a 2004 in blue from a private party in the area (with only 3,000 on the odometer).

·
Registered
12 Posts
hopefully you can work on the price, i may be wrong but it seems that a 52,000 reserve is kind of high, goodluck with your purchase!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Price

Interesting point. I thought $52,000 seemed reasonable. The same car here in LA goes for more, around $58,000 to $60,000- at least in terms of asking price. What's a reasonable price, assuming the car checks out mechanically and physically. The owner indicates that it is also covered by a 5 yr/50k warranty, is that standard?

·
Registered
22 Posts
First, I love the color. I have the same - Rosso Bologna - and constantly get compliments on it.

Second, besides seeing the car, have the dealer give you the service records, the clutch report, and the CarFax.

Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Interesting point. I thought $52,000 seemed reasonable. The same car here in LA goes for more, around $58,000 to $60,000- at least in terms of asking price. What's a reasonable price, assuming the car checks out mechanically and physically. The owner indicates that it is also covered by a 5 yr/50k warranty, is that standard?
i believe the factory warranty is 4 year/50K miles. but in terms of price i might not be accurate but since he does post his telephone number i am sure you can work on the price. seems like no coupes or gransports really sell on ebay, so if you are highly interested i am sure you can pick it up for even 47,500 or lower. goodluck.

·
Registered
695 Posts
2005 Coupes (with low mileage) in L.A. are priced in the low $60k
2004's are in the $50K range. I personally can't see a 2005 Coupe for under $50K unless wholesale or with problems.

At 18K miles, I suspect a clutch is due soon. Otherwise - unless there is damage - you still have some decent time left on the warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts