Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fault code for my TPMS system in my 05 QP. Message indicates that the TMPS system has failed and that I should take the car to the dealer. Not likely, as I am content to check my tire pressure the old fashioned way. Is there any way to disable the system?

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
I have a fault code for my TPMS system in my 05 QP. Message indicates that the TMPS system has failed and that I should take the car to the dealer. Not likely, as I am content to check my tire pressure the old fashioned way. Is there any way to disable the system?
This isn't related to correct or incorrect tire pressure. If it's an '05 then it's very likely that your sensors need to be replaced. The batteries last only so long.

I had a sensor start to go bad and the only way I could get it to stop barking at me was to start a TPMS calibration then turn the car off before it finished. Upon the next start-up it would merely say that TPMS was disabled but it would no longer force the warning over the entire display.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Elambo did you have to do this every time you start the car? Coz that would be just as annoying as having that error showing up on the dash all the time....

I also would PREFER very much to have the option available to me to SHUT OFF the annoying TPMS system if at all possible.

Anyone knows??

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
No, it wouldn't return after that. There would be a subtle reminder that the TPMS was inactive but no annoying chimes or warnings demanding that you pull over and surrender. These cars can be very dramatic at times.

·
Registered
307 Posts
but does it have the flat tyre error light turn on at the bottom right of the odometer?

Kinda like the light bulb error light?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ideally, I'd like to turn it off completely so that it doesn't monitor tire pressures and doesn't warn me when it isn't working.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just went to my local tire shop. Turned out my back right wheel for some odd reason had 50psi of pressure on it. Brought it down to 34psi and lo and behold, the error light disappeared! So happy.

Note to self: Never trust your friend to put in some air for your QP at the gas station ever again!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Just went to my local tire shop. Turned out my back right wheel for some odd reason had 50psi of pressure on it. Brought it down to 34psi and lo and behold, the error light disappeared! So happy.

Note to self: Never trust your friend to put in some air for your QP at the gas station ever again!
Lo and behold.... the car works correctly!!! ....outsmarts the humans on occasion..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
905 Posts
I always figured the TPMS system would be a nuisance and a liability. I am glad my car doesn't have it.

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
I always figured the TPMS system would be a nuisance and a liability. I am glad my car doesn't have it.
It's a minor nuisance at times, which is hugely overshadowed by the comfort of knowing that I'll be made aware of low psi. At high speeds, this is invaluable because not all flats are immediate blowouts. For most people, for most of the time, the system sits idle invisibly. But it's not required by any means.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts