Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm sure the admins don't like to hear this, but I have a pop-up blocker installed. So, as Sargent Shultz would say, "I see nothing...."

Hans.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Weird. I'm not seeing that.

I hope it's not some sort of virus. Or website itself being hacked. Doesn't sound like the name of any legit advertiser.

Hans.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Oops.....

Google "happygoodluckspace"

It's a virus... Says it's a "survey scam". The first couple of references in the search tell how to remove it.

Hans.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Ah now I know what you're referring to....YES not today but in the past I have posted on this site about pop ups and viruses....today is the first time anyone ever responded that they also had these.....I am not alone then.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hmmmm..... Perhaps this site is infected. Visiting here unleashes the virus payload. Since I'm not experiencing it, different OS's and browsers must be affected differently. FWIW, I'm using a Chromebook, which obviously uses ChromeOS and the Chrome browser. I haven't tried visiting here with our Windoze computer.

Hans.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
I access this site about a dozen times a day.,. never seen pop ups here . I use an iPad half of the time, and a Dell PC the other half, so different OS, and different search engines. Furthermore , I don’t have the pop-up blocker activated in either one . Still no pop ups from this site , I do get them on all sorts of other sites though..just not often enough to bug me yet .

2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I think I finally got rid of the pop up...It happened on two different computers and both only happened on this site...Norton and PC-Matic were both not effective in getting rid of it...The only thing I can see in common was running Firefox..Blocking it didn't help as it would still kick me off the site...The fix was refreshing Firefox as that seemed to work...Hope that helps someone...Jason

·
Registered
362 Posts
In a former life, I was an IT administrator. It's real easy to say that you are an idiot for using "insert name here" browser or operating system. Firefox was the victim now, next week it could be Chrome or??? Geeky guys go for the put down, but what goes around comes around. We are all victims.

Hans.

·
Registered
516 Posts
i've not had pop ups here for a while, save for that transitional period of the new forum UI.
use chrome exclusively, but ad-block does put in some work on these forums.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Holy crap! Had a POP up LAST NIGHT!!! Verizon wireless page....couldn't get back to this website without shutting down entire browser....very timely thread for me now....!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I had it on my less sophistitated old tablet the other day. gave up

1 - 20 of 20 Posts