Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Anyone fitted poly bushes to their cars? I notice a company on ebay selling front upper arm bushes. I was just curious to find out if anyone had tried them and how they found them. Cheers

·
Super Moderator
4,346 Posts
I think Zep on the UK site might have done

C

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's interesting, that's the same company selling on ebay. I messaged them asking if they had bushings for the lower arm and they said no. Perhaps its because its listed as a quattroporte part. I thought the suspension bushings were the same on the QP and the granturismo??

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The company have confirmed they will fit. I've gone ahead and ordered them, £215 delivered. That's about 25% of OEM price, worth a punt I think. I'll post an update once fitted if anyone interested. Thanks for the links AUTOGANG. ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The steering knuckle and suspension arms on the front are the same QTP as GT.
Write how it works when you mount the kit

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I ordered the bushes and had them delivered. They look a decent quality with crosshatch inside to retain lubricant however they were way too small in length, about 10mm shorted than standard bushes which would have required huge packers to rectify. I've returned them for a refund.

4,250 Posts
I'm thinking poly bushing are not the hot tip here...Regular bushing work through the elastic of the bushing rubber...Poly bushings really work like a bearing and usually require lithium grease...Well grease attracts dirt and right next to the front tire throwing off all kinds of grit and sand to get into the bushing and cause wear...Fine for a race car or a sub-frame mount, but not all that great for a control arm bushing on a street car IMO.....Jason

Reactions: ddsski

·
Registered
402 Posts
Compliance is your friend on a street car.....says the Lotus guy....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts