Maserati Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where, and how to access the pollen filter?
I have changed it in my Lexus, real easy.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
In my GS, i had to unscrew the top plastic cover, which sits right under the wipers (which means you also have to unscrew the passenger wiper). Then unscrew a metallic cover right in the middle, underneath you'll find the pollen filter (screwed in place by two golden screws).

Italian design... ;)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
How often are we supposed to change it?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
On every major service, unless you live in a place with loads of dust, then you may change it more frequently.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Anyone know the procedure to change the pollen filter on a QP?

·
Registered
232 Posts
On the passenger side under the dash, you remove the cover and toward the back left of that area is a rectangular cover set diagonally. You can see with good lighting that there is a place to grab a slide and the slide unlocks the cover. Slide it off, slide down the filter, install new filter (making sure you see the arrows indicating air flow) reverse disassembly. After doing it once, it is a 5-7 minute job for the do-it-yourselfer.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Think about how STUPID the pollen filter thing is.... If it's working, no pollen gets into the cabin. If it's plugged up..... NOTHING gets into the cabin (including pollen). :cool:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Think about how STUPID the pollen filter thing is.... If it's working, no pollen gets into the cabin. If it's plugged up..... NOTHING gets into the cabin (including pollen). :cool:
The pollen filter works especially great when I have the top down....

·
Registered
905 Posts
On the passenger side under the dash, you remove the cover and toward the back left of that area is a rectangular cover set diagonally. You can see with good lighting that there is a place to grab a slide and the slide unlocks the cover. Slide it off, slide down the filter, install new filter (making sure you see the arrows indicating air flow) reverse disassembly. After doing it once, it is a 5-7 minute job for the do-it-yourselfer.
Thanks for the info. Quick question: do you remove the left kick panel that mounts on the side of the center dash console, or do you just need to remove the panel that lies horizontal, under the glove box area?

Thanks!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Awesome, thanks. I've had that glove box off several times for the DBW chip installation, etc. Never noticed the pollen filter set-up. Must be a small filter.

Is this pollen filter a $100+ part? That's what FD is asking for it ($115 actually). Must be a specialized filter. I wonder what Maserati NA asks for it.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
In the process of changing but ran into a snag - how do you remove the passenger wiper ? I have the nut removed and have applied upward pressure to pop the arm unit off but no cigar - before I apply more pressure, did anyone else find it tough to pull or am I missing something ?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I think you just need to apply more pressure, just make sure you hold it from the base and not the edge of the wiper so you don't bend it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.