Maserati Forum banner

POLL: How a man's car should sound?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Paco

That's a nice comparison!

Can you fill us in on the exhaust components in each of 1,2,3?

Deane

·
Registered
114 Posts
key is the 'man' in paco's question, the M3 sounds like boys car do, the
F430 reminds me to my vacuum cleaner, nevertheless a great collection
of fast vehicles...

gone for car no. 3.

cheers
iwan

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car No. 1 = Ferrari F-430 w/factory exhaust.
Car No. 2 = BMW 325i w/MagnaFlow Performance exhaust.
Car No. 3 = Maserati w/TubiStyle exhaust.

I will add that the F-430 was not pushed as hard as I pushed my car. It is my understanding that the F-430 has an exhaust system that when pushed hard air bypasses the mufflers and it is sent out through straight pipes giving it a louder sound.

The BMW is highly modified, it is my son's car and he has taken it to 380hp from the original 192hp. On the background of the exhaust you can hear the supercharger blow.

On my car all I've done is to change the factory exhaust for the TubiStyle and I absolutely love it... I don't think there is a nicer/richer sounding car than a Maserati with a Tubi.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Nice sound from the Tubi...

Wonder about how it would compare against straight pipes + good tips (e.g., Magnaflow)

Well done Paco!

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
If the F430 had a Tubi I would probably have gone for that. Then again how different is the Tubi from one car to the next?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The idea for this thread came after teasing Jorge, my 22 year-old son about the sound on his BMW. I do believe that most of the mods he has done are nice but I always tease him that it sounds as an old Toyota taxi cab with a rusted out muffler
Iwan's post saying "the M3 sounds like boys car do" really cracked me up... hahahaha... that is one of the lines I most often tell Jorge :)

Mark, sure the F-430 sound a lot better than that... the car on the video was not pushed hard enough to make the sound come alive.

Ed, I've always wondered how it would sound with straight pipes... one of these days I might just give it a try... labor here is really cheap and I think I can get the straight pipes custom made and installed for less than $100.00, and would use the tips from the factory exhaust I have at home. Of course the pipes would not be SS but just for giving it a try...

Andrew, a F-430 with a Tubi should sound much better than the factory exhaust... but I don't know if it would give the same deep low frequency sound the Maserati gives.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Paco....you da man!
Keep the videos coming, I love everyone of 'em!!!
:D :D :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
Tubi is a must for the Maserati! After more than 80'000 miles with a Tubi, I can say this is the best bang for the buck mod' you can purchase for your car!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hate the way a F430 sounds personally, change it to an F355 with a Capristo or a 360 with a Fuchs and my vote will sway from the Maserati but compared to what you posted, the Maserati hands down!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
maximus136 said:
ferrari f430.......Paco if you want to compare sounds make it a fair one.............here's is my car in a tunnel...this is what I call "died and went to heaven" video.........

regards

maximus

http://www.sporttuned.com/watch.php?v_id=666
I do know and have said that your car sounds a lot better than that... you did not push it hard enough to make its sound come alive. This thread was mostly a way of teasing my son Jorge and maaaaan was he teased by it :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
maximus136 said:
ferrari f430.......Paco if you want to compare sounds make it a fair one.............here's is my car in a tunnel...this is what I call "died and went to heaven" video.........
nope, didn't hear the high pitch whine...i agree, you didn't push it hard enough. try heel and toe downshift :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts