Maserati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a CD changer. I have the IceLink Plus, and I just installed the new firmware with CD5 menu support.

I am trying to figure out which issues are caused by the head unit. I've heard a lot of comments about how bad the CD changer operation is, can you please post what those issues are?

·
Registered
835 Posts
1. takes 30 seconds or longer to swap between CD's
2. does not take CD's that have only one track
3. ever so often the screen would freeze during initialization
4. when the changer is frozen the car needs to be restarted
5. static noise (the problem went away after the changer was replaced)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Seconded, exact same problems, except mine would either freeze or the info center would show "No Cd" every 3 or 4 times I started the car. CD was replaced under warranty about a month ago and so far no problems. I'll see what happens in November.

·
Registered
681 Posts
We have CD players? Weird never noticed. All I heard was VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOM CLUNK CLANK VROOOOOOOOOOOOM

·
Registered
681 Posts
haha said:
CLUNK CLANK??!!

hmmm...maybe your exhaust wasn't mounted correctly :lol:
Nah it's the 02 Cambiocorsa changing gears. That thing is fairly loud at lower rpm's. Not as bad in the upper rpm's but you can still hear it and it's not just my car heard it on 3-4 other 02's.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well, maybe this can help narrow things down...

I have a GS which has a different (Becker) console altogether, and while I don't care a whole lot about car audio I did insert a CD in the changer a couple of weeks back.

First thing I noticed is that pressing the "next song" button on the Becker unit takes at least 5 or 10 seconds to go to the next song.

Everything CD related seems to have a multi-second lag.

Given that we have different consoles / user-interfaces the problem then might be in the CD changer or its interface to the head unit, maybe there is something inherently slow in its bus that causes weird timeout-like behaviour (CD not present, etc).

Just a thought.

As an aside I'd still like to figure out the multi-media card slot in the Becker unit... but still this car could have been sold with no audio system whatsoever and it wouldn't really matter to me.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry yes I did mean Blaupunkt compatible head units only.

So does anyone have issues with it not wanting to go to the next song on a CD?

The new IceLink firmware didn't fix this issue.

It sounds a bit like:
> when the changer is frozen the car needs to be restarted

from above.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just ordered the IceLink, Thanks.

I have the CD Changer on my 04 and sometimes it will not let me move CDs or Skip Songs. I have asked my dealer about it and they said it seems to be related to home-burned CD's. I rarely use factory discs as it is quicker for me to burn an album than find the original.

It happens infrequently with no discernable pattern. Rebooting, I mean restarting the car seems to fix this.

I guess Maserati uses Windows ;-)

-dsd

·
Registered
165 Posts
My changer sometimes gets stuck when changing CDs. Says "loading", bit it never does finish. It has not been occurrying lately, so perhaps the gremlins are gone.
The most annoying feature, by far, is the fact that the radio turns off for 2 minutes when I turn off the engine. So...if I pull into a parking spot, but want to finish listening to some NPR story, I cannot turn off the engine. The reboot of the whole thing takes 3 minutes, or so, and by then the story is gone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
cd

i think its crazy that on a f..in 100+k car a changer isnt standard. for heavens , my MDX family shleper car is equipped w. one. And while we are at it why are fog lights not standard too???

·
Registered
165 Posts
Fogs are standard on European cars. Not sure why the US did not get them. Probably some lawyer's fault...
:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
9 Participants
Glenn Wallace
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing