Maserati Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have a new 2016 GT and this was one of the first things I noticed {stupid visor sagging on Drivers side}.

Glad to see some options.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine does it as well I just put a small safety pin in the right corner to hold it up never had a issue again

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is the most annoying issue. The visor literally falls out of the socket and sags a few inches, without being able to be fastened, until I push it back into the socket.

I believe the actual socket is faulty, not the entire visor.

However, the dealers first and only response is that the entire visor needs to be replaced. $$$

I’ve done some research and found that there is a Maserati sun visor repair kit, OEM part # 2018189. I’ve been emailing different Maserati dealers (parts department), regarding quotes and availability.

Has anyone tried this kit?

·
Registered
136 Posts
This is the most annoying issue. The visor literally falls out of the socket and sags a few inches, without being able to be fastened, until I push it back into the socket.

I believe the actual socket is faulty, not the entire visor.

However, the dealers first and only response is that the entire visor needs to be replaced. $$$

I’ve done some research and found that there is a Maserati sun visor repair kit, OEM part # 2018189. I’ve been emailing different Maserati dealers (parts department), regarding quotes and availability.

Has anyone tried this kit?
Yes this part was mentioned in post #14 and this document was linked:

Here is the part, but $95!

·
Registered
519 Posts
That repair procedure is fine if your visor rod has completely broken off at the mounting point. But my visor mounting rod has broken inside of the visor, so the "detent" mechanism action that holds the visor in the open / closed position no longer works. I may do the velcro job, but not sure yet. I've tried to find out more about how the visor is constructed and how it works...no success yet....

·
Registered
12 Posts
It’s really terrible that Maserati hasn’t recalled the visor yet and offered to pay for everyone’s repairs. I may reach out to them and send a letter regarding this issue that many of us and counting, have.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all,
Please help !!
I have 2007 Mas Quattroporte Automatica with Alacantar beige roof/sunvisors. This summer I noticed that the sunvisor on driver side was sagging low and no matter how I push it up close to ceiling, it falls about 3-5 inches from ceiling depending upon how hot the day is. If it is very hot day then it falls down to 5 inches but in colder days it stay slightly higher closer to ceiling.
Any one has any clue how to get it fixed?
I'll highly appreciate input from members.
Thank you again and have a great weekend.
I had the same problem. I fixed it for 25 cents. I bought the largest size of these heavy duty clips at Staples and clipped them to the rod on the outside of the visor itself. They provided enough “grip” to keep the visor from sagging.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm going to machine one of these myself. $94 for a simple aluminum tube, with a set screw and threading on one end? nah... I'll make it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
It’s really terrible that Maserati hasn’t recalled the visor yet and offered to pay for everyone’s repairs. I may reach out to them and send a letter regarding this issue that many of us and counting, have.
They didn't even care for much more serious things like variators or windows and you expect a recall for the sunvisors for an old abandoned model ? ??

21 - 37 of 37 Posts