Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Please help !!
I have 2007 Mas Quattroporte Automatica with Alacantar beige roof/sunvisors. This summer I noticed that the sunvisor on driver side was sagging low and no matter how I push it up close to ceiling, it falls about 3-5 inches from ceiling depending upon how hot the day is. If it is very hot day then it falls down to 5 inches but in colder days it stay slightly higher closer to ceiling.
Any one has any clue how to get it fixed?
I'll highly appreciate input from members.
Thank you again and have a great weekend.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have this same problem on mine, it only goes down 1cm / 1,5cm down no matter the weather, would like to know if there´s a solution too!

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
I brought this to Maserati's attention and their recommendation was to replace the entire visor.

·
Registered
494 Posts
It makes too much sense to try and fix the problem. Much better to replace. I would say you could probably add something to the rod where it clips in. I don't have one in front of me, but it seems like something that would be an easy fix. Unless someone comes up with a quick solution, I'll see if I can get my hands on one.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I've had this problem on both of my Maseratis and I'm not sure what's going on, but the first time the dealership just ordered a new visor and replaced it. That's what you have to do, but be prepared to wait for Maserati to ship the part from Italy. Most dealerships are going to have that part in stock so they will have to special order and that takes several weeks at least. The dealership can order the part to your specifications from the VIN number tied back to your car's original build sheet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same issue on my 07 QP, ended up having dealer order the part from Italy, yes it took several weeks as mentioned earlier. $1000 job normally per the dealer, but I leaned on them to honor this as part of the CPO, and got lucky.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I had the same issue on my 07 QP, ended up having dealer order the part from Italy, yes it took several weeks as mentioned earlier. $1000 job normally per the dealer, but I leaned on them to honor this as part of the CPO, and got lucky.
I have the same problem with my 07 QP. The dealer in OC refused to replace it under CPO warranty.

There is potentially a cheap fix, which I would not personally do to my car - VELCRO!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I remember the same problem with the sun visors since the Ghibli era!

It seems some issues are customs and traditions :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Call the parts department as I vaguely remember when I had a problem with the elbow of my sun visor there was a replacement fix part that was purchased that easily rectified the problem. The kit is suppose to fix the elbow incase it snaps so you can reattach it to the headliner.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for reply and suggestions.

@echauhan: pardon my ignorance but what is CPO?

@jliu55: can you please give more details on the fix you are talking about?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seems like this is common problem in most cars.
I was surfing Mercedes forum and fount this info......anyone tried such thing before?

"Quote: Originally Posted by dcarveriii
Hey guys, just joined the forum. I ran across this thread as I am having the same problem with both of my sun visors and just figured out how to fix them, although I'm not sure how long it will last until I have to adjust them again. Looking at the passenger side visor:

1. Detach it from the left clip like you are planning on pivoting toward the passenger window. It should snap right out without a lot of effort.
2. Grab the whole visor and slide it sideways to the left and toward the driver side of the car. You may have to put some force on it but don't just yank it. You will notice it start to slide down the metal rod that is holding it up.
3. Once it stops sliding, flip it toward the ceiling so as to put some tension on it. I twisted it pretty good to get some tension built up but be careful not to break it.
4. You should notice the visor has more tension now for holding itself up flush with the headliner. Snap it back in and it should stay up against the headliner.
Good luck! [/I]
This worked for me also!!!
Thanks
"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for your input. Where did you get the metal pieces for the sleeve and nut you replaced the original plastic piece with?

Charles

·
Registered
6 Posts
Go to the final page of that document, there is a part number for a "fix kit." Take that number to the dealer (or call them to confirm), and order. That will have the sleeve in it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Go to the final page of that document, there is a part number for a "fix kit." Take that number to the dealer (or call them to confirm), and order. That will have the sleeve in it.
Great fix to a common problem, beats me why a Maserati dealership wouldn't offer this fix. They have all the tools to manufacture fix ... Customer satisfaction seems to go out the widow and easy profit rules.
This is why I love Indy shops.
Example... Had an f 355 gts. Passenger side wing mirror broke at the securing nut. Dealership wanted $1500 for new wing mirror. Took car to my Indy shop and he removed wing mirror, filed off broken edges, inserted sleeve, added stainless bolt into sleeve, put lock nut on bottom and wing mirror was as good as new. Cost 1 hrs labour.:grin2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2013 Granturismo MC. Velcro is the way to go. There is an airbag warning sticker just above the sunvisor where it closes. i put the velcro sticker there so it wont be on the material. the other side of the velcro is on the visor material but that wont matter if i ultimately pay 1K to replace it. good for now.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts