Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help with figuring out how to fix this issue

Car is my daily driver so it gets used as it should

It seems like the handbrake mechanism failed somewhere causing it to stay stuck on even tho the lever went down normally

Have never had any issues with the handbrake before

I heard a thud 2 times which alarmed me, I thought it was the transmission or clutch acting up. But I was about 4 miles away from home so I gently continued driving.
About 1 mile away from home Something exploded, sounded like the driveshaft broke or something so I pulled over immediately and looked around the car

Noticed that the rear driver LH side wheel was covered in brake dust which is what led me to believe the handbrake got stuck

Handbrake lever now moves freely with no effect

This part broke. What is this part called exactly? Any idea where to get it? How difficult is it to replace?

Thanks

20210610_191229.jpg

Attachments

5,384 Posts
That is a brake rotor..If you are asking what that is called then I would let a pro handle it honestly...You can hurt yourself and someone else...Jason

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a brake rotor..If you are asking what that is called then I would let a pro handle it honestly...You can hurt yourself and someone else...Jason
I realized that what it is but initially I thought it was the knuckle/hub assembly.

I'm gonna order 2 new brake rotors for the rear but need to figure out why the brake got stuck on and is still stuck on

5,384 Posts
Your gonna most likely need new parking shoes as well...Jason

·
Registered
10 Posts
I realized that what it is but initially I thought it was the knuckle/hub assembly.

I'm gonna order 2 new brake rotors for the rear but need to figure out why the brake got stuck on and is still stuck on
It's the rotor hat.

·
Super Moderator
4,840 Posts

Because they bind to the drum when the car is parked and they are or get wet.

And / or your mechanisms have seized. Won't know until it's taken apart

C

1 - 6 of 6 Posts