Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the difference between a coup, CC, coupe GT and coupe GS and coupe 4200?
I have a 2006 coupe Cambriocorsa. Is this the same s CC or GT?

Thank you
AJ

·
Registered
130 Posts
what is the difference between a coup, CC, coupe GT and coupe GS and coupe 4200?
I have a 2006 coupe Cambriocorsa. Is this the same s CC or GT?

Thank you
AJ
I don't know much, but here's what I do know:

"coup" = coupe, misspelled
"CC" = Cambiocorsa, referring to the F1 transmission
"4200" = model that followed the 3200, which was not sold in the US. The 4200 came in both coupe and Spyder varieties. I believe it was sold between 2002 and 2005.

·
Registered
633 Posts
coup = "a highly successful, unexpected stroke, act, or move; a clever action or accomplishment."

coupe - On this forum it generally refers to a 4200 (either CC or GT), but can also refer to the 3200.

spyder - a convertible

GS - GranSport, the 4200's replacement. Avaliable in coupe (hardtop) or spyder form. ONLY avaliable with cambiocorsa (F1) tranny.

Coupe GT - the 4200 (and 3200?) models equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission as opposed to the Cambiocorsa tranny... I think?

CC - Coupe [with a] Cambiocorsa (F1) [transmission]

Oops! I guess they did make a 4200 in 2006! (Edit) wait, now I'm confused...

·
Registered
695 Posts
coup = "a highly successful, unexpected stroke, act, or move; a clever action or accomplishment."

coupe - On this forum it generally refers to a 4200 (either CC or GT), but can also refer to the 3200.

spyder - a convertible

GS - GranSport, the 4200's replacement. Avaliable in coupe (hardtop) or spyder form. ONLY avaliable with cambiocorsa (F1) tranny.

Coupe GT - the 4200 (and 3200?) models equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission as opposed to the Cambiocorsa tranny... I think?

CC - Coupe [with a] Cambiocorsa (F1) [transmission]

Oops! I guess they did make a 4200 in 2006! (Edit) wait, now I'm confused...
Not until you read this thread:http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6306

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Maseratis should just stop messing around with car names

The "4200" is actually not a name. The car is simply called "Coupe", which is funny as it really is a name for a body style.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts