Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,
I bought a preowned 06 GS last month. paid the dealer money for registration,title and misc fees. But turns out that the previous owner already payed for the registration until march '08.
So i got a refund from the dealer( hurray!!), thats all well and good but the license plate on the car does not a have the new sticker. So what should i do now?
Also, the car did not come with the front license plate. Do i have to order a replacement from DMV?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Personally I just run without a front plate and take my chances. If I get a ticket for it I will pay the ticket and move on.

As for the sticker, I don't know. I would try the DMV site. I did a quick search and found this link http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/howto/htvr11.htm

Kind of odd that they said it was 'paid up'. I thought that the seller just lost any residual value and the buyer had to start from zero on the tags. Then again, I could easily be wrong.

Good luck

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Registration..

Kind of odd that they said it was 'paid up'. I thought that the seller just lost any residual value and the buyer had to start from zero on the tags. Then again, I could easily be wrong.
That's what i thought, it was surprised, that i actually got a refund from the dealer. I would have thought that the dealer would have pocketed the additional money, since you usually negotiate a "out of the door" price. Irrespective of how they split it between the cost of the car and the taxes.

Will check the DMV side. Thanks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Looks like a mess. You don't have the new sticker and registration document and your new car is paid up to Mar 08. Looks like a trip to the DMV with all the necessary documents to get it sorted out.

While you are there get a duplicate front plate too. I always keep mine in the trunk just in case. If I get a fix-it ticket, it's $10, no big deal. If I get pulled over by a CHP, then I can just get the plate out and stick it on myself (using masking tape) hopefuly avoiding a big fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts