Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I plan on purchasing my first Maserati very soon within the next couple months. The thing is, I really dont know much about these cars as of now. Right now Im looking on buying a 2005 Quattroporte M139 with 57,950 miles on it. Is that too much mileage for a Quattroporte? What should I look for to make sure its going to last. What questions do I need to ask the owner? Would buying a differant year model Quattroporte like going with a 2006 or 2007 make a huge differance in quality and/or function? Any information or advice you can give on this subject would be highly apperciated. Thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These are the two that I am trying to choose from. Would it be wiser to save money and go for the 05 or would spending the extra $16k be better in the long run? Does anyone know what these went for in the auctions?

Price $56,995
Body Style Sedan
Mileage 11,789
Exterior Color Gray
Interior Color Gray
Engine 8 Cylinder Gasoline
Transmission Automatic
Drive Type 2 wheel drive - rear
Fuel Type Gasoline
Doors Four Door
Stock No. 4331
VIN ZAMCE39A960024331

Price $40,995
Body Style Sedan
Mileage 57,950
Exterior Color Black
Interior Color Gray
Engine 8 Cylinder Gasoline
Transmission Automatic
Drive Type 2 wheel drive - rear
Fuel Type Gasoline
Stereo Bose Sound System
Doors Four Door
VIN ZAMCE39A350015140

·
Registered
340 Posts
Your first move should be to have a proper PPI done and to obtain the service history for the car.

As I have said on other threads, even a car under warranty can still have outstanding maintenance needing to be completed which could easily add $10K-$15K to the price of the car. Either of the cars you list could require new tires, a new clutch, new brakes, etc depending on how they were driven. Even a missed/upcoming maintenance routine could set you back a couple of grand.

I think some people look at the cars and figure that since it is still under warranty they might as well just pick the one with the lowest mileage / best price. I think what is far more important is comparing the complete condition and history of the car.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm a dealer and lately at the auctions I have seen some 60k + miles QP's and they seem to be running fine. I think for peace of mind, records and maintenance are more important than mileage but definitely use the mileage for negotiation.

Auction prices on high mileage QP's are about $28,000 - $32,000. I would offer the guy $34,000 if I were you and leave it there.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
most importantly, mileage, condition.
then i would pick colors.

grey / grey? that's rental car color combo. not maserati.
haha. I know the grey on grey isnt my first choice. I really want black with red interior, but thats not going to be easy to find. Good thing about the grey on grey is a Sport GT. And the interior looks more white on grey than grey doesnt it?

I'm a dealer and lately at the auctions I have seen some 60k + miles QP's and they seem to be running fine. I think for peace of mind, records and maintenance are more important than mileage but definitely use the mileage for negotiation.
Auction prices on high mileage QP's are about $28,000 - $32,000. I would offer the guy $34,000 if I were you and leave it there.
Thanks for your input. Would you happen to have any QPs at a great price?

Edit: How long does the warranty last on a QP? 1yr/30k? 5yr/60k?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thanks for your input. Would you happen to have any QPs at a great price?
No, I sell lower end vehicles. There's very little to no profit in high-end cars, just merely pay close attention to the hundreds of Maseratis I have seen at auction sales over the years.

If you have cash in hand or financing pre-approved I would not be opposed for going to the auction for Maseratis or any cars for U.S. members, and selling them at cost + 3%.

Good Luck,

Kevin

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, I sell lower end vehicles. There's very little to no profit in high-end cars, just merely pay close attention to the hundreds of Maseratis I have seen at auction sales over the years.

If you have cash in hand or financing pre-approved I would not be opposed for going to the auction for Maseratis or any cars for U.S. members, and selling them at cost + 3%.

Good Luck,

Kevin
Would you be able to get me in touch with an auction? Im looking on finding the best deal, and I believe the auction will be my best choice.

·
Registered
695 Posts

Good Luck,

Kevin
Thanks Kevin, that is very generous of you. :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.