Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw Granturismo on display at Ferrari/Maserati of Houston. What a beautiful car. There was a Ferrari 599 parked next to an Aston Martin DB9. The new Granturismo makes those cars looked outdated. I placed my order to be delivered on May 2008. List price $110,000. Special colors and leather and wood trims are extra.

·
Registered
34 Posts
congratulations, I've really be waffling between the AMV8 and the new Granturismo. I have to see it in person, but I think I'm leaning that way. It doesn't bother me that it would be $10k + cheaper too!

·
Registered
660 Posts
I saw Granturismo on display at Ferrari/Maserati of Houston. What a beautiful car. There was a Ferrari 599 parked next to an Aston Martin DB9. The new Granturismo makes those cars looked outdated. I placed my order to be delivered on May 2008. List price $110,000. Special colors and leather and wood trims are extra.
That's substantially lower than the UK. The joys of the current exchange rate to the Pound and the heavy tax load...

TBH, not my cuppa of tea (as everyone here knows) but each to its own, and congratulations. Hope it puts a smile in your face day after day.

·
Registered
35 Posts
awesome

awesome anthony.............
congrats! I'm sure you will love it. Keep us posted with pics and messages!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Somebody's full of envy!!!!
Congrats Anthony!!!

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
My heart wants to do it, but my brain constantly reminds me of the "first model year curse"...I think I'll take the plunge eventually, but probably when an F1 tranny is available and the first couple waves of bugs have been worked out.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
My heart wants to do it, but my brain constantly reminds me of the "first model year curse"...I think I'll take the plunge eventually, but probably when an F1 tranny is available and the first couple waves of bugs have been worked out.
i wonder how much the First Model Year Curse will be.

The GT is based on the QP, which is out since Model year 2005. so now they got 3 years already.
The GT's engine and AT transmission is base on the QP AT, which was out since 2007. so they've got 1 year already.

if you are worried about the trims and panels popping off, you should. these are italian cars hand assembled.

may be that new HD stereo will give you some bugs.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just realised

$110,000 US thats only £57000.00 sterling bloody hell you yanks are lucky, is it possible to order a right hand drive in the states

loz

·
Registered
835 Posts
saw the GT in person this morning...it doesn't look too much different from the picture. IMHO, it seems like two individual pieces, front and the back, glued together, curves don't flow...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts