Maserati Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after much deliberation and thought, I put my order on a Granturismo S, with delivery in April for my 40th Birthday.

It is going to be grigio granito with rosso interior, alutex trim and nero contrast stitching. I also added front park sensors.

With the economy the way it is, I thought about waiting (or getting a V8 Vantage with 16K off sticker) but I really needed something that I could occasionally take the kids in, and really I was sold the minute I heard that engine in S mode. It's gotta be the sweetest sounding engine in a luxury car.

I did get about 8K off sticker, so all in all I am quite happy with my order. I plan on keeping the car until the warranty runs out (4 years).

I thought about getting a used DB9 or Ferrari 360 but I really didn't want to deal with warranty issues.

It would be great if any GT S owners could share their experiences with the car.

Cheers.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Well, after much deliberation and thought, I put my order on a Granturismo S, with delivery in April for my 40th Birthday.

It is going to be grigio granito with rosso interior, alutex trim and nero contrast stitching. I also added front park sensors.

With the economy the way it is, I thought about waiting (or getting a V8 Vantage with 16K off sticker) but I really needed something that I could occasionally take the kids in, and really I was sold the minute I heard that engine in S mode. It's gotta be the sweetest sounding engine in a luxury car.

I did get about 8K off sticker, so all in all I am quite happy with my order. I plan on keeping the car until the warranty runs out (4 years).

I thought about getting a used DB9 or Ferrari 360 but I really didn't want to deal with warranty issues.

It would be great if any GT S owners could share their experiences with the car.

Cheers.

WOW, you were able to get an order in and 8k off sticker?!?!? When?

·
Registered
905 Posts
How do the front park sensors look on the GT? They look absolutely awful on the QP- like four tin can bug eyes sitcking out the front in a strange manner. If similar, you may consider dropping that option.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in Canada. I put a deposit for a GTS 2 weeks ago, then asked for a refund after they raised the price 20K across Canada due to our lower petro-dollar. This week I changed my mind when the dealer gave me 8K off.

I was told that I needed to get my order in by the end of November because after that they were not taking any more orders, but because of the US thanksgiving weekend, they extended it to this Monday. I think anyone who tries to order one now is out of luck, unless someone cancels their order or they pick up a demo, every dealer has one. I was told they cannot sell their demos (I offered to buy one) until next year, when the car can no longer be ordered.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do the front park sensors look on the GT? They look absolutely awful on the QP- like four tin can bug eyes sitcking out the front in a strange manner. If similar, you may consider dropping that option.

Just my $.02
I saw them on the GT and they were not too bad. The ones on the side are subtle, and the other two are in the grill on the upper inside. I have front and back sensors on my M5, and I have gotten used to them. If it helps me avoid a scratch or dent it's worth it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I am in Canada. I put a deposit for a GTS 2 weeks ago, then asked for a refund after they raised the price 20K across Canada due to our lower petro-dollar. This week I changed my mind when the dealer gave me 8K off.

I was told that I needed to get my order in by the end of November because after that they were not taking any more orders, but because of the US thanksgiving weekend, they extended it to this Monday. I think anyone who tries to order one now is out of luck, unless someone cancels their order or they pick up a demo, every dealer has one. I was told they cannot sell their demos (I offered to buy one) until next year, when the car can no longer be ordered.
OK, i dont feel so bad now...and congrats!!!! you WILL NOT be disappointed. stay tuned, will be posting my review soon.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yes, looks much better on the GT. Perhaps they will fix the look on the 09 QP...

·
Registered
25 Posts

Cheers.
Congratulations on your order. I am about to buy one to. The dealership near me has 3 in stock. What do you think I can negotiate off of the sticker price, 8k? Or is that more off than usual?

You ordered red interior? The one I am thinking of buying has metallic black and red interior but black Alcantera in the seats. Looks very sporty but I am not totally sold on the red. What is your opinion?

Thanks, Mitch

·
Registered
905 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congratulations on your order. I am about to buy one to. The dealership near me has 3 in stock. What do you think I can negotiate off of the sticker price, 8k? Or is that more off than usual?

You ordered red interior? The one I am thinking of buying has metallic black and red interior but black Alcantera in the seats. Looks very sporty but I am not totally sold on the red. What is your opinion?

Thanks, Mitch
Mitch, where are you located? I am in Ontario, Canada and our dealer has none in stock. All cars are pre-ordered.

I wonder if anyone knows invoice on these cars?

I am sure the dealers are making close to 30K on the sales. Part of the problem in reducing sticker sig., is that MNA does not want to reduce residuals on these cars, so I was told (which may be dealer B.S.) I think if they have them in stock, you can negotiate. Give them an offer of 15K off, and see what happens.

As for the red colour, I like it, I think it looks sporty and different. I have done the silver black/ black black look in my cars for so long I wanted something different, something that gives the car an "Italian" feel. I passed on the Alacantara seats, however, as I feel they don't age well. I went with full leather interior.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts