Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the PIS range (i.e., 4.6-5.4) on a CC Gransport and what they imply (i.e. are lower or higher values better for: (1) quicker shift speeds, (2) less clutch wear etc).

·
Registered
67 Posts
PIS values.

Well the intended window for PIS values should be between 4.8 to 5.1 on Gransports/coupes. Although Gransports respond best between 4.5 to 4.7 these values give you faster shifts and quicker clutch engagements also may reduce clutch slippage. Are you located in So Cal?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Does anyone know the PIS range (i.e., 4.6-5.4) on a CC Gransport and what they imply (i.e. are lower or higher values better for: (1) quicker shift speeds, (2) less clutch wear etc).
pissing contest?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks MC12Dave, thought that was the case as changing my PIS settings to 4.6 recently has made me notice faster shift engagements. To answer your question, yes I'm in Socal.

·
Registered
824 Posts
PIS=point of initial slip

When I had mine adjusted, it gave me earlier pickup and less slip. The car feels good now.

I think if you go too far, you can get stalling.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
If you wanna see real improvement in shifting, buy a DBW.

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
What is a DBW?
Drive By Wire Enhancement Module They are made by Formula Dynamics. I love it and highly recommend it. There are many, many threads here about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.