Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Wow! Whoever polished your car did an amazing job! Congrats, she looks great!!

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Hang on, I am a little confused. Why is the engine red? I thought the Coupe's was blue (as it indicates wet sump) whilst the GranSport's red... :confused:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Great looking car, especially for a daily driver.

As for the blue vs red cam boxes, I think that was something they started doing later. I thought the wet sump came with the automatic Quattroportes? So they would have blue cam boxes. The earlier cars would all have the red cam boxes. Although with Maserati you never know for sure.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thought I read somewhere that the red covers were on the earlier assembled-by-Ferrari engines, while the later engines were assembled by Maserati and had blue covers.

But that could be completely incorrect.

I know my 2002 has red covers.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Gorgeous. Perfect color combo. What do you use to maintain the exterior? It looks incredible. I waxed my car last weekend (yes, it ruined my manicure but it was worth it) with Zymol and it looks good but not great like yours.

·
Registered
689 Posts
My 05 is red and a GT 6 speed not F1. Great looking car. Sweet daily driver.
Bought by 05 for 38.5 and would love a 02 or 03 Stick for a daily driver.
The prices are right now for sure. Love the 6 speed. Pictures came out sweet.
Interesting choice of back ground for the pics.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hang on, I am a little confused. Why is the engine red? I thought the Coupe's was blue (as it indicates wet sump) whilst the GranSport's red... :confused:
Red = Dry sump, Blue = wet sump for the 4.2L motor.

The Cambiocorsa cars (Coupe, GS and GT-S as well as the Cambio QP's) and the Coupe GT all came red. The Automatic's (QP and GT) have blue since they are wet sump.

Except in typical Maserati fashion just to confuse everyone and be inconsistent, the 4.7L motor in automatic QP's and GT have red :rolleyes:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Beautiful! And the car is not bad lookin' either.

·
Registered
113 Posts
What kind of camera equipment are you using? I love the fish-eye wide angle lens in the car. Digital I presume?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ace,

Where did you get the chrome screen for the front?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.