Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to start making some mods to my '06 QP and wanted to start with maybe a Body Kit or trying to install new '09 tail lights in back, maybe TUBI exhaust, maybe some of the nice sounding Formula Dynamics stuff, A WORKING PHONE, maybe a simple backup camera hooked directly to TV input of factory radio, ETC. Would like to see pics and opinions of what to do and what would be a waste of $$. I'm kinda happy with stereo any would only consider maybe adding a aftermarket sub to replace factory one in trunk. My main worry is causing error codes or voiding warranty as I am in New Orleans and closest dealer is 8 hours away in Houston. THANKS!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That too!

That's ok, I like loud music too! :)
Has anyone successfully put the new '09 LED Tail Lights on an '05 + QP? I called Ferrari of Houston today who said he has had a lot of people asking for the headlights and tailights from '09 to put on previous models. He said that some had done the tail lights. Even though the lights fit perfectly, the wiring harnesses are silghtly different. He said the customer that put them on had a slight issue with blinker flashing faster when he put on the turn signal. This is probably from the difference in signal lights changing from bulb to LED's which is probably flashing faster b\c of a lower impediance. This means that possibly some resistors can correct issue. Any ideas? Also, I found a company that custom rebuilds tail lighs and head lights with clear, smoke, or custom colors by altering stock lights. The results on their website is quite impressive. They are www.lightwurkz.com. Let me know what yall think!

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great pics so far!

Great pics so far! Not a big fan the black HRE wheels, but the same in silver looks great! I was considering the blacked out tail lights too, but mine is a black QP. On the back, a black QP with black lights seems too much and would maybe look like a black blob. This is why I am considering the custom light company I mentioned above. I thought maybe if I only black out red part and leave white parts untouched. Another possibility is to maybe partially black out red part like the picture of Mercedes that leaves skinny lines of red with white untouched!? Any other Ideas? If a few members what to come up with a design, maybe we can get a multiple discount if we send in our tail lights at same time. I believe it's like a 3 day turn around.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.