Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found a Gransport! It's the anniversary edition with full black leather interior. I wasn't sure about the blue from the dealer's website pictures, but once I saw it in person, I absolutely loved it (it's kind of like a darker cobalt blue, but it's still LOUD!) - esp with the full black leather interior, CF trim and sport seats.

Thanks to PaulC for telling me I would, in fact, like the blue since he had seen it in person before. Otherwise, I would never have flown out to see it and I'd probably still be looking.

Initial impressions: The GS suspension in sport mode is just right for my DD tastes, exhaust has that beautiful, unmistakable Italian note, acceleration is plenty, and overall fit and finish quality is better than a 430, IMO. I've always preferred mid-engine cars but with this suspension, the GS is definitely much less GT-ish than most other front engine sports cars I've driven. CC tranny works great and for normal driving is much, much better than previous generations of the F1 - they've certainly learned from the past. Do I still expect it to go out? Yeah, almost with certainty but that's ok, part of the game :D

As all of you know, the trunk space is so ridiculously small it's actually humourous. But it fits 2 sets of golf clubs in there so that is all that really matters. And I love the shields (what do you call those on a Maserati? LOL)!

I always thought I would like owning a Maserati, and so far it's holding true... Took a few pics at breakfast but will try and post some better ones soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congratulations! As the owner of another Anniversary blue GS, I can tell you that you will get many, many compliments on your car every time you drive it.
I'm curious to find out when Maserati changed the "V8-Gransport" fender emblem to the Maserati Trident shield. What is your build # (it's on a plate on the leading edge of the engine compartment)?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
lovely. just like my 90th anniversary spyder :)

capt., TY-GS's GS came with what was called "LE" (limited edition). a few of the 06's GS (of various colors) were sold with a package of optional equipments, including the fender shields.

so, maserati did not switch to fender shield at a build date.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Congrats!!! It's beautiful! Pictures definetely don't do justice to that color, I've seen a couple here in CA and was very surprised with how nice they looked.

·
Registered
660 Posts
lovely. just like my 90th anniversary spyder :)

capt., TY-GS's GS came with what was called "LE" (limited edition). a few of the 06's GS (of various colors) were sold with a package of optional equipments, including the fender shields.

so, maserati did not switch to fender shield at a build date.
My 06 GS is in effect one of those LE variants.

But (1) it does not have the fender shields, nor (2) is all CF inside (door trims and seat buckets, and rear spoiler). Instead, it has the Trident emblem on the C-pillars, which are different from the usual emblems in that it has the classic red stripes painted on the Tridente base. It came with black grilles (front and back) rather than chrome and red stitching on an all-Nero leather interior, although you could ask for the standard chrome grilles and black stitching (as mine).

Besides those trim differences and no personalized #, it is fully-spec'ed (has absolutely every other option in it).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Nice to see a few other Anniv Blue owners out there.

I'm certainly not the expert on the different options but I do know my car is the LE version (based on the pro-forma dealer provided). The build number is 26641 if that is helpful...

Is the leather headliner standard on the GS coupe?

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thanks guys! Nice to see a few other Anniv Blue owners out there.

I'm certainly not the expert on the different options but I do know my car is the LE version (based on the pro-forma dealer provided). The build number is 26641 if that is helpful...

Is the leather headliner standard on the GS coupe?
Ditto... your interior is idem to my GS (however, LEs came as default with red stitching on Nero...) and leather headliner (not standard on the GS.) The Trident C-Pillar badge also identifies the car as a LE (badge with painted red stripes on the Trident base, plus the fact that standard GS don't have the Trident logo on the C-Pillar.) Can't see if you have the Auditorium 2000 option (should be) + SatNav and GSM phone-enabled (as well... dunno about the phone in the US.)

Also standard on the LEs is the front black grille... in my case (as yours) ordered stitching was nero and the chrome grille.

The fender logo is an nice addition. It was featured as standard in the 90th Anniversary spyder GS, replaced by the Italian flag in the MC Victory coupes ... so clearly an optional (as M! states) on the LE, as the Scuderia Shields are in the Ferrari. Also I think the rear spoiler in CF.

The MC Victory has the CF paddles and lower diffuser in the front bumper as standard.

Ahh... mine is not Anniv Blue but the (quite rare TBH) Grigio Palladio... seen only 1 (mine!) so far in the UK. But yours looks the ticket..!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Beautiful car! Paul told me you were looking, congratulations on a great buy! Looking forward to seeing you around Houston - don't forget to honk when you see a white GS. :D

Yuliya

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Great looking car. I saw it at the L.A. auto show last year. I love the front fender badges.

I am taking my '06 GS to the shop tomorrow. I have had the car 2 years to the day. It is only the 2nd time in the shop. The first time was for its 12 month service. I have 10,000 miles on the car, take it to the track a couple of times a year and have never had a problem. (other than the stereo-which i was not crazy about).

Good luck and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
My 06 GS is in effect one of those LE variants.

But (1) it does not have the fender shields,....
MNA packages their LE all with the fender shields. i.e. it was not an option as you think.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Sweet looking car, congrats! If you ever go to sell it be sure to let us know on here, I might be interested in this car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Beautiful car! Paul told me you were looking, congratulations on a great buy! Looking forward to seeing you around Houston - don't forget to honk when you see a white GS. :D

Yuliya
I will do it Yuliya. Hope you're enjoying your GS as well.

Sweet looking car, congrats! If you ever go to sell it be sure to let us know on here, I might be interested in this car.
Thanks Andrew, Sweater and BigFoot. I will certainly post here first when the time comes to try something else. The dealer said the car was immaculate and in this case, the dealer didn't exaggerate!

·
Registered
660 Posts
MNA packages their LE all with the fender shields. i.e. it was not an option as you think.
Interesting to know that... certainly not how Maserati UK spec'ed the cars for the UK market.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts