Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take delivery off an '04 Coupe this weekend and was wondering about my audio options for the 8 hour drive home since I will not be able to listen to my IPOD or Satellite radio.

Does the CD changer play discs recorded with MP3 files? I was thinking I could burn a bunch of CDs to make the long drive a bit more enjoyable. Of course the Tubi will sound nice all by itself. :)

Pics attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats! Beautiful color combo!

Subscibing for answer as well...

I thought about purchaing one of the newer FM adapters for my trip. It's better than nothing. The Griffin iTrip Auto SmartScan FM Transmitter has some really good reviews.

·
Registered
22 Posts
beautiful, beautiful car. congratulations. Mine is an 04 CC Coupe as well. I have the single disc, not the changer, but it plays standard burned CDs fine. I have not tried a disc in MP3 format, but I'll give it a shot tonight when I get home and see what happens.

Otherwise, I have been using the Griffin itrip auto (w/ cigarette lighter adapter) with my IPOD and it works fine. There is no static or interference as long as you have a clear station and the sound quality is not great, but passible -- it sounds about like satellite radio.

More info:
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itripauto

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the kind words!

So with everything I am going to have to plug in (radar detector, navigation system, IPOD adaptor) how many power ports are there? I have a couple of 2 into 1 apaptors, now I am not sure how many I will need.

·
Registered
22 Posts
mmmm....just one power port unfortunately. I have used a 1 into 2 adapter to connect a radar detecter and IPOD adapter and it works. You might want to look into a cordless radar detector that runs on batteries. I think most Nav systems have a rechargable battery too. By running more gear on batteries you might reduce the number of things you need to plug into the cigarette lighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts