Maserati Forum banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
So im not allowed to drive my Maserati. I must sell it because my wife caught me driving another female in it. Ive been married for 20 years and made the horrible mistake of taking a girl out for a stroll who was "hot to death" apparently i went through a Red light and the camera took a picture and 3 weeks later i got to the ticket. To make a long story short i got busted and it almost ruined my marriage. Now the ultimatum was loose the car or lose my wife. It sucks that i must sell it. We've been to marriage counseling and are repairing the marriage but she is adamant about me selling it and never getting in the car again. Life sucks. I have this beautiful QPS that i cant no longer enjoy!!!!
Wow...
That's a really sad story. You can't keep it and only drive when she is with you?
I am at a loss for words, tbh.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
So im not allowed to drive my Maserati. I must sell it because my wife caught me driving another female in it. Ive been married for 20 years and made the horrible mistake of taking a girl out for a stroll who was "hot to death" apparently i went through a Red light and the camera took a picture and 3 weeks later i got to the ticket. To make a long story short i got busted and it almost ruined my marriage. Now the ultimatum was loose the car or lose my wife. It sucks that i must sell it. We've been to marriage counseling and are repairing the marriage but she is adamant about me selling it and never getting in the car again. Life sucks. I have this beautiful QPS that i cant no longer enjoy!!!!
Please obviously do not take my advice as gospel but I have found that with women who issue ultimatums the issue is down to control, they want to control you. What will be the next ultimatum? When will it end?

I am sure it wasn't just this one red light camera, I assume she has always been like this?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well she claims that she thought the ticket was hers and just opened it without realizing.
Since this happened I've managed to go on a few outing with her in the car, but that always turns into a big argument because it reminds her of the fact that I had a girl in our car and on the same seat where she is sitting. It's actually better when she drives and I sit in the passenger seat.
She hasn't always been this way, I'm always been a good husband but sometimes we make decesions that are not favorable with the wives.
I also have a porsche 911 convertible. That's what we usually drive now. I'm thinking of maybe different maserati, different color, maybe Bentley or Ferrari. But I really love my car. She says that my punishment is losing the car. Ughhh. It just sits there.

·
Super Moderator
3,322 Posts
Well she claims that she thought the ticket was hers and just opened it without realizing.
Since this happened I've managed to go on a few outing with her in the car, but that always turns into a big argument because it reminds her of the fact that I had a girl in our car and on the same seat where she is sitting. It's actually better when she drives and I sit in the passenger seat.
She hasn't always been this way, I'm always been a good husband but sometimes we make decesions that are not favorable with the wives.
I also have a porsche 911 convertible. That's what we usually drive now. I'm thinking of maybe different maserati, different color, maybe Bentley or Ferrari. But I really love my car. She says that my punishment is losing the car. Ughhh. It just sits there.
Perhaps you have a GT in you future?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Honestly, after reading all of the comments about this, I am going to tend of agree - dudes are the ones who mostly go crazy for my GT than chicks do. Or so I have found out. Older women look at me crazy sometimes when I park, but for the most part, dudes.

All dudes. Nice car. Nice sound. Nice this, nice that.

LOL. Funny stuff.

I own a 09 GT S. Good stuff. Great read!! :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've found that red cars get more attention from chicks.

Had a blue Ferrari - zero interest, red Ferrari - girls staring at it and trying to get photos next to it, blue Maserati - some interest (caught a mum taking a picture of it, whilst her bored son was standing waiting), red Maserati - girls staring at it, asking for rides. All throughout you always get guys/kids staring at the car.

Just after I customised my GT exhaust, had two idiots pull up beside me saying that the car had a fake electronic sound box fitted. I told them it was a Larini. They looked puzzled and drove off in their Prius.

My wife hates the Ferraris, but seems impartial to the Maseratis.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If my Levante gets anywhere close to the attention my Model X gets, I'll scream. I absolutely HATE people coming up to me and asking questions. I guess I'm anti-social. Drool from a far and keep your slobber off of me :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
When our 2005 QP was relatively new, this other car pulled up next to us, and these two teenage boys were freaking out and taking pictures of our car with their cell phones. Another time, we came back to our parked QP to see two men (probably in their twenties or thirties) peering through the windows and admiring the interior. Lastly, I was driving with my dad and a friend - over to his house - and, after we had stepped out and were walking to the house, I noticed that my friend stayed behind, staring at the car. xD Yeah, I don't think there have been any female admirers of the car.

Today, people walk by it and don't even notice it. On occasion, someone who is likely more knowledgeable will notice the car and eye it a bit, but that's all. I guess it helps if it's washed (which, since it's an older car with 11 year-old paint, it's not as striking or washed as frequently), but it's otherwise not too amazing to people because the car blends in well. Also, these were made up until 2013 or so, so there are plenty of uninteresting ones out there/plenty of QPs in general. An even older generation would garner more attention, as they are not as subtle in their designs.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I've found that red cars get more attention from chicks.

Had a blue Ferrari - zero interest, red Ferrari - girls staring at it and trying to get photos next to it, blue Maserati - some interest (caught a mum taking a picture of it, whilst her bored son was standing waiting), red Maserati - girls staring at it, asking for rides. All throughout you always get guys/kids staring at the car.

Just after I customised my GT exhaust, had two idiots pull up beside me saying that the car had a fake electronic sound box fitted. I told them it was a Larini. They looked puzzled and drove off in their Prius.

My wife hates the Ferraris but seems impartial to the Maseratis.
I understand totally! And I have stock exhaust which to women is not obnoxious like the Saber Tooth Tiger sound

·
Registered
59 Posts
Whats up Guys, so i posted a thread about an unfortunate situation that happened to me a few years ago. (more like i created) when i gave a girl a ride in the maserati. Well the mrs found out and caused all kind of strains in my relationship. If you want more to the story. A six episode Reality show will air tonight on TLC at 11pm. In the show you will see what went on after getting busted and me now having to sell the Maserati. The name of the show is Behind closed doors. I was not aware that they would create a show about this when i posted the thread. So i figure it was only fare to share with you guys since you were involved from the beginning.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Whats up Guys, so i posted a thread about an unfortunate situation that happened to me a few years ago. (more like i created) when i gave a girl a ride in the maserati. Well the mrs found out and caused all kind of strains in my relationship. If you want more to the story. A six episode Reality show will air tonight on TLC at 11pm. In the show you will see what went on after getting busted and me now having to sell the Maserati. The name of the show is Behind closed doors. I was not aware that they would create a show about this when i posted the thread. So i figure it was only fare to share with you guys since you were involved from the beginning.
Shame I shan't be able to watch it here in the UK. My advice: don't sell the Maserati, sell the wife. :grin2:

·
Registered
461 Posts
That is fantastic!

Here is the trailer for the episode:

https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/behind-closed-doors-the-american-family/videos/marriage-and-maseratis

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
461 Posts
What is your definition of "Cheating" anyway, just curious.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is really an interesting topic ! Having a great car like Maserati or Benz will bring us much more possibility to run into a good looking girl , Especially the girls that are realistic and care about money or luxurious life .

I used to drive my Maserati and get together with some friends , Take tours and speed up with my powerful engine , Pretty cool !

·
Registered
724 Posts
That's a really sad story. You can't keep it and only drive when she is with you?
1) The car is not the real issue here, so why 'punish' it, so to speak, by getting rid of it?
2) Never surrender to the threats of what someone will do if you don't do what they want. That is always a loss!
(just my .02 cents worth, good luck man)

121 - 140 of 140 Posts