Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 GT Sport.

I hooked up my Samsung S7 phone and on calls the recipients complain that it is hard to hear me. They soay it sounds like the windows are open or phone is neaer evnts with fan on high.

I brought to dealer and they cannot find problem.

Anyone experience this?

My phone works perfectly in my other cars with bluetooth connections.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have similar issues but some folks here have better luck. The bluetooth technology on our GT is just dinosaur antiquated. 2018 may be better but I doubt. You are better off using an earphone.

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
895 Posts
I have similar issues but some folks here have better luck. The bluetooth technology on our GT is just dinosaur antiquated. 2018 may be better but I doubt. You are better off using an earphone.

Exact same results as you.

2016 GT Sport....Samsung S8+
SOME of my calls are fine....SOME of my calls are said to be "loud background noise".
and some times from my opinion they seem to go from perfect to hard to hear within the same phone call.

I would really like to figure out the reason/causes for the above if anyone seems to know the gremlin....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dealer whispered something about older technology.

Not sure if that's the answer but he pointed to 2007 Design/Technology platform.

On one hand, this car lacks the basic interior tech...my lease payment reflects that.

On the other hand, I ripped to work this am like I was traversing some back roads in Modena Italy with the car singing thru the turns- that part of this car is pure perfection and what I like the most anyway.

On the other hand, if they refreshed this car (authentic refresh- not 2018 minimal refresh) then I would not have been able to afford it AND it would still be their Flagship (not their Levante SUV.....ugh).

So, I'm happy with it.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
I'm using an "ancient" iPhone 5s with the GTS's ( 2013 ) Bluetooth and the sound is consistently crystal clear , never any static or other noises.
Maybe the Samsung or other newer phones technology is so advanced that it simply does not pair all that well with the older GT Bluetooth technology ..just speculating .

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
My iPhone 6S works perfectly with the car but I really don't like the loud ring that the system makes when someone is calling me. It's really annoying.

·
Registered
375 Posts
If you look around the cabin of most newer cars (even my 2015 Chevy Volt), you will see at least 2 if not more microphones. They take the input from these and try to determine what is background noise and what is the intended voice signal using noise cancelling technology.

If one of these microphones is blocked or messed up, the noise cancelling will not be terribly effective, and, well, you have a noisy signal. Perhaps something is wrong with a microphone in your car. In some cars, even the sun visor can block a microphone. No idea how to troubleshoot this, though.

Hans.

·
Registered
895 Posts
If you look around the cabin of most newer cars (even my 2015 Chevy Volt), you will see at least 2 if not more microphones. They take the input from these and try to determine what is background noise and what is the intended voice signal using noise cancelling technology.

If one of these microphones is blocked or messed up, the noise cancelling will not be terribly effective, and, well, you have a noisy signal. Perhaps something is wrong with a microphone in your car. In some cars, even the sun visor can block a microphone. No idea how to troubleshoot this, though.

Hans.

Ok could be so....where is the Mic in our GT's?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ok could be so....where is the Mic in our GT's?
Not a clue... In a while I'll look around my 2011 QP, but it might not be the same as yours. In a lot of cars, the noise cancelling mikes are in truly bizarre places, not always easy to see.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Frustrated still with the phone call quality. Had an important call and just could not finish the call. Of course I could pull over - I get it - but would be nice to have calls come in clear....thinking it is a Samsung issue as most iPhone users on here seem to have clear calls. Any new ideas since this thread was started?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts