Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here live in the Philadelphia area and have any no dealership mechanics they trust their car with. My 02 coupe cc has 40,000 miles and is now out of warranty.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I guess you really need to ask yourself why not go to the dealer? If you had a bad experience at one, I'd go to another.

- Price wise, some of these specialty shops have higher hourly rates.
- Dealers have quicker access to parts
- Higher resale value if you have dealer service records
- Dealers will have updated software flashes and service bulletins that indep.'s might not have

I PM's you my suggestions on non-dealer shops you might want to talk to

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Algar. Reasonably priced compared to what I've heard our left-coasters are getting charged, and most importantly, they know your Maserati and its "personality".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Algar

Algar. Reasonably priced compared to what I've heard our left-coasters are getting charged, and most importantly, they know your Maserati and its "personality".
+1 - Great people there. Communicate what your goals are with your car and they will take good care of you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Algar

I'm dropping my '02 off at Algar after work today. It's my first time going there for service but I heard great things about their service. I have a small warranty from the dealership I bought my car from luckily. I heard Kerbeck is great too.

·
Registered
339 Posts
They do all of my service, have never had any problems there, they've gone out of their way to take care of me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been with Algar since the car was purchased there. Just wondering about other mechanics because of the warranty situation. I'll prob. stick with Algar

·
Registered
742 Posts
Can you PM me the local shops...

I live in Central NJ about 40 minutes from Philly.

I have a Great Local guy Steven D. that can do all the fluid and filter changes on your car for a fraction of the dealer price. He works on my Maserati, has worked on my Benzs and my BMW.

He is 100% honest and will certainly take good care of your Maz.

I have nothing but great things to say about my dealership FM of NJ. I even like speaking to the people at Algar. Both exceptional shops. I buy all my OEM parts from them. They will handle my clutch and other Maserati specific items.

His name is Steven D he is located on RT 130 S in the Willingboro Area. About 20 minutes from Philly via a Bridge.

His cell number is 609-775-5002. Tell him Chris sent you.

The only drawback is he is very busy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts