Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
California's DMV's website FAQs indicates personalized plates orders average 10-12 weeks for completion. I ordered a set of those for my GTs about three months ago, and since I have not yet received a " ready for pick up " notification, I decided to call the DMV and inquire into the status . They informed me the website is outdated, and that orders now take a minimum of four months, and more often than not about to six months before plates are ready . And if you want the retro /classic black and gold ( I don't ) those can take up to as long as twelve months !!! WTH, are those inmates who make them on strike ? :frown2:

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What, 30 days only ?! Ostensibly the reason would be because Maine has a lot less drivers ( than CA ) but on the other hand it probably also has a lot less inmates, so shouldn't it then take about the same amount time ?! Something does not seem right or fair here :) ;-). But alas, after the 4 months wait, I'm heading to the DMV tomorrow morning to pick the plates up and register them, which should take only another 4 months waiting in line .. :-(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts