Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum. I have searched through it a few times while researching my next car, the Maserati Spyder 4.2l 6speed. I have only really noticed people doing the ECU reflash, high flow air filter, and exhaust (Why do people pay 2500 bucks for something a custom shop could build for less than 1000?) but, seeing how this is the same block from the f430, I imagine there is some significant gains to be had with porting the heads, intake manifold, and possibly throttle body.

My question, is do any of you know anyone or have had some of this work performed, and if so, what kind of gains have you seen? I expect this car to be absolutely perfect @ ~450whp and have 2 local shops that are willing to delve into the custom work to get me there after I sell my Lotus.

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, I am new to this forum. I have searched through it a few times while researching my next car, the Maserati Spyder 4.2l 6speed. I have only really noticed people doing the ECU reflash, high flow air filter, and exhaust (Why do people pay 2500 bucks for something a custom shop could build for less than 1000?) but, seeing how this is the same block from the f430, I imagine there is some significant gains to be had with porting the heads, intake manifold, and possibly throttle body.

My question, is do any of you know anyone or have had some of this work performed, and if so, what kind of gains have you seen? I expect this car to be absolutely perfect @ ~450whp and have 2 local shops that are willing to delve into the custom work to get me there after I sell my Lotus.

Thanks for reading
Now you are talking my language :cool:

Owning a supra as well and being on those forums, I'm used to all sorts of heavy modifications of all ranges and sorts and am kind of disappointed in the aftermarket for this car even though I do believe there to be lots of potential in the motor. Novitec boosted this motor in an f430 and was able to achieve 700rwhp on a stock motor, the potential is there. Let me know how your modding endeavours go as I'm still new to this platform and researching.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now you are talking my language :cool:

Owning a supra as well and being on those forums, I'm used to all sorts of heavy modifications of all ranges and sorts and am kind of disappointed in the aftermarket for this car even though I do believe there to be lots of potential in the motor. Novitec boosted this motor in an f430 and was able to achieve 700rwhp on a stock motor, the potential is there. Let me know how your modding endeavours go as I'm still new to this platform and researching.
700hp is a bit much for the mas platform IMO....FR cars dont have the traction that MR cars do....but it does prove that this engine has the guts....can you imagine a Roots type blower on this thing? instant 40% torque and HP gain....a custom hood would be needed but wowzers look out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.