Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed the window tint on my passenger side front window starting to peel off from the upper left corner (see photo).

Is there a quick DIY fix to this or do I need to go to a pro installer and have the whole window re-tinted?

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s over

you can do them yourself the doors are super easy. Mine were $15 for the two. Buy precut on eBay.
What sort of tools (incl. adhesive) do you need to DIY?

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I never had success doing my own window tint. Thought it would be easy enough, watched the videos online, bought the tools etc and failed miserably (bubbles, fine debris underneath, etc). Then again mine wasn’t precut. Tint and haircuts are things to not DIY in my opinion I’d save yourself the headache

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you’re planning to keep the car a while, go with a shop that offers lifetime replacement. Window tint IMO is like texture on drywall... sure you can DIY, but to get the lines perfect takes a bit more skill. Tint itself is cheap, but well worth paying the labor for someone that does it often enough to do it once, and offers to replace it if it ever rolls up on you again. Overall it’s pretty inexpensive...

·
Registered
452 Posts
I paid almost $550 for window tints on my car (included taking old ones off) for carbon ceramic window tints which are the best in the business

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yeah window tinting can be easy in some areas and difficult in others, but its always easy to screw it up. You might get pretty good on your 3rd attempt, if you have enough extra. Whats even easier is to take it to a tint shop and have them do it. One window will be cheap, usually $75 to $100 and most places have a warranty if it peels again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts