Maserati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
From comments it appears the mechanical release is broken inside the seat. Car in South Africa with no local dealer. Any ideas how to fix it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought my GTS 12/18, they put in a new battery and I had tried the auto forward on the driver seat and it worked fine but I didn’t try the passenger sid until this week and it didn’t work. I tried the reset instructions listed above several times but the seat didn’t move forward, all other seat functions work. What should I check next?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I’ve tried the various methods of resetting the seats auto movement forward but to no avail. The passenger seat works fine with switches with full movement. I guess I’ll have the dealership look at when I bring the car in for it’s annual service. Any idea what is wrong and cost to fix?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I’ve tried the various methods of resetting the seats auto movement forward but to no avail. The passenger seat works fine with switches with full movement. I guess I’ll have the dealership look at when I bring the car in for it’s annual service. Any idea what is wrong and cost to fix?

I just did mine the other day. the passengers side is quite tricky to do, it took me 7 or 8 tries. you really need to be quick with it. i thought I was doing it wrong at first. if everything else on the seat works than i’m pretty sure you just aren’t doing it correctly. I sat in the passenger seat with door closed, had the key turned to the ON position then when I turned it off I opened the door, got out and followed the instructions as fast as possible. the forward and backward movements on the seat button should take about a half second on each one. don’t want to do it too quickly where it won’t register but also need to be fast.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just had this after my ecu recall. Why i have no idea but timing was annoying. Let me put it simple.

1. Key in and turn on, lower drivers window
2. Close door, reach in and turn off but leave key in
3. Open door
4. Push not super quick but just quick forward back 3 times (so it is f,b,f,b,f,b)
5. Lift chrome seat lever and tilt lumbar forward

It should go back and front and back by itself to recalibrate. Viola...the easy entry lever should work again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This also works if passenger side is acting up too which was my situation. I just had to dash around the car to get to the pass seat control in time. Sneakers on ppl. Hahaha

·
Registered
353 Posts
Whomever developed the reset function needs to be taken to the gallows. Oh wait...it's a Maserati! The function was probably developed late on a Friday afternoon, after the engineers had finished their 6th bottle of wine!

The passenger seat in my 2013 convertible refuses to move forward when the seat back is tilted forward and after attempting the reset function about 10 times, I've given up. Fortunately, we don't let anyone ride in the back seat so it's not a big deal. the driver's seat function works perfectly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok, what a coincidence! My 2012 GTS has exactly the same issue and like jw38, I have tried the insane reset procedure so many times
my neighbor wonders why I’m running around the car doing the reset dance!��. There has to be something that is being missed!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ok, what a coincidence! My 2012 GTS has exactly the same issue and like jw38, I have tried the insane reset procedure so many times
my neighbor wonders why I’m running around the car doing the reset dance!��. There has to be something that is being missed!
don’t run around it. start by sitting in the passenger seat with the key on and door closed. turn the key off open the door and do the steps

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
That’s what happened to mine, and the previous owner experienced the same problem. No matter how many times the reset procedure was tried ( observing the exact instructions posted here ) it did not work. Fortunately the car was still under warranty and the dealer fixed it at no cost in about ten minutes. They said that seat function is operated by a “ module “ which can act up often and it needs a software command to fix the problem. Worked for me , but this problem did occur twice and with the same seat ( the passenger one ) so although it’s “ fixed “ for now , who knows if the problem will reoccur ..:|

·
Registered
27 Posts
Took about six tries before I got this to work. Same situation, it was in for recall fix and after that I noticed passenger side didn't work, driver's side did.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Resonating other posts, if all functions on the seat works except the easy entry/exit, then you just have to do the reset procedure.

It took me like 10 tries before it worked. I’d recommended reading the instructions closely, and watch some YouTube videos on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's possible the recall did it. You think not but i can't figure anything else. Here I was blaming the car wash figuring maybe they set off a pressure safety or something but when I tested that theory, it seems Mas don't care if a foot gets crushed. LOL. So it has to be that in my case. Never happened with any prior services or car washes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I‘Ve had the problem of the passenger seat easy in access not working. I’ve read if you recently had the latest update installed, it may very
well may be the culprit. I’ve tried every way to reprogram the seat to no luck. Today I went over to Johnson Maserati in Cary,NC to get a slow
Leak in my rear tire and mentioned the problem with the easy in. Well, they fixed both issues and no charge. Great! Apparently the update on he cars computer isolated the easy in module. Thanks to all the members who have offered methods to fix the issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I‘Ve had the problem of the passenger seat easy in access not working. I’ve read if you recently had the latest update installed, it may very
well may be the culprit. I’ve tried every way to reprogram the seat to no luck. Today I went over to Johnson Maserati in Cary,NC to get a slow
Leak in my rear tire and mentioned the problem with the easy in. Well, they fixed both issues and no charge. Great! Apparently the update on he cars computer isolated the easy in module. Thanks to all the members who have offered methods to fix the issue.
Happy ending~Glad to hear they can fix it easily.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had the seat control module replaced on the driver's side today. Maserati mechanic could not make it work after a few tries; said it sometimes took him 30 or more tries before it would work. I've tried 10 or 15 since, unsuccessfully. Memory setting buttons don't work, either.

Would be easier to learn how to scratch golf than keep all of the features working on these cars.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts