Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have a problem with my passenger window. It used not to drop properly so I took it to my mechanic to get it fixed. It worked fine when I was still in the shop but after dropping the roof and getting it back up the window was back to its malfunctioning mode. A friend pulled the door open and while lowering the roof the window kind of dropped inside the door and would not go either up or down with the motor making horrible rattling noises.

My guess is the "someone" forgot to put screws somewhere and the window fell off it's guides :mad:

could this be the cause? Or is it something else? Anyone experience anything like this? Is it something difficult to fix or I could eventually do it my self (NO TIME whatsoever to either go or wait for the mech to take care of this though I have the feeling it's his fault)...

cheers,

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well the problem was the star shaped bolt connecting the motor and the arms supporting the window: completely destroyed. Once again, it seems like the quality of the components is not really good :(

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had the same problem. It seems over time the power window assembly flexes quite a bit and suffers metal fatigue until something gives. One of my arms on the regulator was cracked leading to the star bolt you say also going. And it is not cheap to fix, the power window regulator assembly is close to $700 without labor.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm going ahead with replacing the whole window lift assembly. I just find it strange that it was the passenger side to fail...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
usually, in areas with lots of bumpy roads, especially with holes in the right side of the road, the passenger window gets the most damage.

VW/Audi had the same problem, the hinges that hold the window would break because they were made out of thin plastic, which would break after a while and the window would drop inside the door. This would be evident in some countries while not in others, depending on the average "badness" of the roads. After 2004, the hinges were replaced with stronger ones.

The initial "idea" was that during an accident they would break and the window would drop inside the door, but that was never confirmed as the truth, it could be just bad design.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.